2017년 4월 20일 목요일

Emulator will not update


I am having an issue where I cannot get the Emulator to update. I have tried a hard reset several times. The Emulator will not run for anything. When I try to do a hard reset when it is about to start the reset process I get an error message which goes away too fast to read but says force close at the bottom of it and will not go through the update process. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the aiStarter program as well. Any ideas?

--
This document might help Jay:

When you uninstalled, did you use the uninstall   ,shut down your PC, then reinstal?   That might make a difference.   Also, when you reinstall aiStarter ensure you have Admin privlidges by RIGHT clicking the exe file (especially if you are using Win10) and from the MENU that appears use the install with Admin option.

The header to this message indicates  School Network .      Is this a school PC?   In that case you may have other issues which require  a different answer.

-- 
It is a school network and we are using Windows 7 at this point. I did use the uninstall feature but don't remember if I restarted the computer before I installed it again. Previously the Emulator was working fine but not sure if an update or something along those lines caused it start acting up in the first place. Sorry I left that part of the story out earlier. The reason I tried it was that when the Emulator would run it would say that the aiStarter was not running even though it was. Will try the uninstall and reinstall again and look through the article to see if that helps. Will let you know.

-- 
This could be an IT issue Jay.  Your network administrator might have changed something...oossibly blocking the install.  You said that "Previously the Emulator was working fine " ... last school term perhaps? or just a few days ago?  You might check with them.   Is this just a single PC or are you attempting to update the emulator on several Win7 boxes?   If you have only an issue with one PC, you might use Task Master to check for multiple copies of the emulator running on the machine.  I imagine if one is running that could cause problems.

Have you tried shutting down the PC, then restarting it from a cold start?  Sometimes doing that works miracles.

-- 
I do have this issue with the chrome browser. But it works with the  Mozilla Firefox Browser. You may want to give it a try.

-- 
I think I figured it out. I believe it was more in the school network settings. I was logged into the Google account under a personal email instead of my school email. When I switched accounts everything started to work fine. Looks like the network has a block on personal email accounts now. It had worked before so there must have been an update / change to the system settings.

Thanks for the help.

--

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기