2017년 5월 12일 금요일

is the texting component broken?


It seems that the Texting component has stopped working for me.  I have rebooted my device and tried a very simple test app on 2 devices (Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S7).  I have attached the test app in case anyone else wants to try...


--
More info.  Every time I try to SEND with the texting component, I see the IO Error: unable to create GV Helper...

-- 
Are you using a tablet to text?   GoogleVoice no longer works with Android devices and the AI2 Texting component.  If you are using a real cell phone, try going to the texting component on the Designer screen and unchecking the GV box.

-- 
Using a real phone (Note 4 and S7).  The GV box is UNCHECKED.  This seems to be a problem with non-GV texting.  It is as if the GV problem is now appearing with normal texting.

-- 
I just used an AI app to text with no problems Rich.   I don't know what the issue is. I am using an LG phone.   I do not have the Google Voice app on it.  Do you have GV loaded on your two devices?   Perhaps that is the issue?

-- 
Look at the aia you sent.  All it has is a blank form on the Designer screen and   the  MessageReceived block on the Blocks...

-- 
It is correct that the aia is quite simple (a blank from) and the MessageReceived event only shows a notification.

I have seen the problem on devices with and without GoogleVoice.

Were you able to run the app and receive texts?

-- 
I am still not able to receive texts in App Inventor.  I attached a test app written by Hal that appears on a related (closed) thread.  When you run it, the label shows the receive message.  On my Galaxy Note 4 and S7 devices, the label never changed, but he phones each receive the text messages.

Can you help me understand why AI is not receiving the messages?

-- 
I have neither a Note 4 or a Galaxy S7 Rich.The texting component seems to work fine on my LQ.   I did not test the aia you posted.  Perhaps someone with one of those devices will see what is going on.  What you experience might be an issue related to your Android operating system version.

Hopefully someone else on the forum who has one of your devices will test.  Sorry, I can't.

-- 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기