2017년 5월 21일 일요일

View an image on Google drive from App Inventor 2


maybe a very simple question but I didn't find an answer yet. I have an image file on Google drive (with non restricted access). And I have an image object on a screen in my AI2 app. I set the picture property of my AI2 image object to the link of the Google drive image file but the App does not display the image, when I run it. I'm I missing something, is it not that simple? How can I display that image in my App

I hope someone could help. 

--
which url would you use to display the image in a browser?
did you try that url in your app?

--
Hooray, it works!
Strange, the Image component doc says nothing about URLs.



--
thanks. The link above works for me as well. I don't know what is wrong with my picture then. I do some more trials & report. 

-- 
Strange! My url style https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4GHZ_U3cIC2enVpeFk4NnV2bW8/view?usp=sharing 
works from the web browser but does not work from the app. Any hints for what reasons?
-- 
what about using the suggested url style from Tim?
-- 
Stick it in a simple html file and you will see why...



<!DOCTYPE html >

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">

<head>
</head>

<body>
Your link<br><br>
My Link<br><br>
</body>

</html>

Reason is the link you have is a link to access not a link to show, in your web browser it probably opens up in a viewer of some kind. Even my link is not really a ink to show (in normal html terms), just a workaround to overcome its "Googleness"
-- 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기