2014년 12월 30일 화요일

Lookup in Pairs . csv file (I need a tip)


I need a tip.
I make a "lookup in pairs" program that works, the thing is that I need create many "pairs" that i have in an excel sheet.
Is possible, using a csv file, to create the list pairs automatically?
Example
I have this table in an excel (I have approx 400 rows)
N°     Name
456   John
986   Peter
435   Sofia

How can I make this by creating the list from a csv file, without having to make it one by one?.



This is not working but I've been trying  in several ways and I just can't figure out how.

--
yes, just use the list from csv table block to convert the csv file into a list of lists

--
try this but is wrong...



--
well, this is completely wrong
in your File.GotText event you have to put the following block

set global name to list from csv table get text

--
Hi Taifun Thanks alot for your advices, I appreciate that.

I did this but I get this error

--
csv means comma separated value and not semicolon separated value
use comma as delimiter in your file and try again

--
Thanks a lot for your help.
I create a cvs with comma separated but iit don't work. 

I will continue trying and will give you feedback.

--
It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

--
This is it:

create the list from a cvs file and not one by one.

attached is my cvs file format and structure.


I can share the aia file if it's needed.


--
did you try this?
in your File.GotText event you have to put the following block
set global name to list from csv table get text
how does your File.GotText event now look like?

--
Yes I did it but I get the errors posted before.
The comma error and the errror list format.

--
You might want to provide a screenshot of your error message then?
Also it helps to use Do it to debug your blocks...

--


--
Thanks Taifun you are AWESOME!!! 

I been trying to solve it but it was hard for me. I'm learning and this was a great learning experience. 

Now I will start working in others features! Thanks

--

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기