2015년 1월 2일 금요일

tinywebdb and csv

Based on
https://puravidaapps.com/snippets.php#2nestedlistpicker

How do i save and call from tinywebdb.  I know how to save lists in webdb, but my lists arw user generated and the main list needs to be in a table format and the second list as a row format so i can use indexing to make the secondary list be pertinant to the chosen of the first list.

So how do i save to and call from using csv



Did you see list to/from csv table or csv row in the language blocks documentation?
If not, try it, if yes, post the relevant blocks of what you tried.



see here http://www.appinventor.org/Chapter10 how to work with TinyWebDB, you can save lists directly, you do not need to convert them from/to csv format

first do the tutorials http://appinventor.mit.edu/explore/ai2/tutorials.htmlto learn the basics of App Inventor, then try something and follow the



I have read through, though not very laymens terms.  Any help appreciated.



I know I can save lists directly, and have that many times in my app already.  I need to have them in. A "table" type format for this particular issue....main list as "column" and secondary list as "rows" with the use of fusion tables. There is another part of my app that uses fusion tables, but for this i need not....basically, like the code snippet,need a list of types eg. Fruit veggies.......then each will have its own list.  Seems to me the csv for the s3cond list is easieat way to do this.



Usually, to represent a table, you use a list of lists, where each element of the main list is a row in the table represented as a list of column values.
If you really want help, post a screenshot of relevant blocks, so that we can figure out what you are trying to do. 



actually it does not make much sense to use 2 different server databases (TinyWebDB and fusiontables) in one project, why don't you just use one of them, e.g. only fusiontables?



I know I can save lists directly, and have that many times in my app already.  I need to have them in. A "table" type format for this particular issue....main list as "column" and secondary list as "rows" with the use of fusion tables. There is another part of my app that uses fusion tables, but for this i need not....basically, like the code snippet,need a list of types eg. Fruit veggies.......then each will have its own list.  Seems to me the csv for the s3cond list is easieat way to do this.



Fusion tables for long term data retension but too slow for regualr use.



I do not have it with me...on the road....but to explain:

Have a page to enter types of fruit, veggies, etc.  Fist user must pick from the list whether it is a fruit,a veggie, etc, then can add or delete apple, orange, etc from or to a list containing apple, orange, etc.  I know how to remove from list, and add to list, and find a position in list from index in list of the main list.  I have read about lists of lists, but everythingi have read gives such vague examples.  I need a real world example.   All is saved to tinywebdb.



It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.



Can i. Use a variale that i assign the main list selection.text to to name a tag for a secondary list?



These examples show how to do things:


Post some blocks Brandon and someone will provide specific advice. What does your REAL WORLD case involve...that is, what kind of data are you attempting to post from a csv?
 Good luck.



Yes, you can do that. The tags (keys) are basically String data types. So, you can use the selection.text (returns a String) and use it as tag.



It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.



This might just be the simplest of options. Thx.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기