2017년 6월 16일 금요일

App Inventor Page issues


From today, when ever i go to the app inventor main page where I choose what project to open the website uses all my RAM and freezes.

I am the only one using it in my house so not a bandwidth issue.

I have tried Chrome & firefox (same thing happens) I have tried deleting cache, temp files and running virus scans.

It only happens for the app inventor website, all other sites work fine.

Any Ideas? 

--
We need to know more Jeff.

I use Chrome.  When I use the MIT Project page, I use about 93 Mb of Memory.  However, that is no more ram than any other page I visit.

Could you run Task Manager while you are on another web page (without any other windows open) and let us know the memory usage displayed.
How much system memory does your PC have? " the website uses all my RAM"   

When you are on the page and "the website uses all my RAM and freezes." are you loading one of your Projects or just visiting the page?

-- 
I have 16gb of memory, and when i go on the project page to go into my app the page is unresponsive and the memory usage climes up and up until the page crashes.
See attached.
I use about 100mb for the forum page but on the projects page it climes up to more than 2GB before it crashes.

This happens even if i do not click to go into ones of the apps/projects.

Yesterday I managed to click into one of the test projects then export my project i am working on to then re-upload it and that worked but now it has happened again today.

I am on DSL with actual download speeds of about 11mbps (speed test comes up with 110mbps)

--
Thank you for your help.





-- 
Does this happen with all Projects or only a specific Project?     How large is the aia for the current Project?
Your virus checker..are you using MS Defender or something else?   A large Project and running real time scanning might cause something like this.  I do not know.
Are you using any Chrome plug ins?  A plug in adds to the Chrome usage.  
Are you streaming music in the background while you develop?

Some things to try:
Use Firefox instead of Chrome
Turn off some plugins?

I don't see a huge increase in RAM usage on the App Inventor site.  No one else is complaining of this behavior.  I expect this behavior might be related to your Project.  Try a different, simple Project.  Does the RAM usage increase significantly?   

-- 
If the project has a lot of blocks, it may be a performance issue with the renderer in the blocks editor. Jeff, if your project is large, do you mind if we take a look at it so we can determine where we can optimize better?

-- 
Sure okay, do i just upload the aia here?

The aia is only 2.1 mb, but i do have a lot of blocks on one screen. If i move some to a second screen would that help? I just don't like the delay is switching screens for the user.

--
Thanks

-- 
You can upload AIAs to the forum. If there is confidential or personal info in the app, you can opt to email it to me instead at ewpatton at mit dot edu.

-- 
I have emailed you the aia file from my hotmail accounts.

Your help is appreciated.

--
So this seems to load on my machine, a little slowly, but once it is open there aren't too many issues. The thing I notice when I profiled it in my browser is that there are a lot of nodes being generated. The designer view is resulting in the creation in excess of 1 million DOM elements to render the designer. My guess is that this may be the source of the slowness you experience. One question I have for you is: are you using any browser extensions that monitor/manipulate the DOM? What happens if you start an incognito session with all extensions and plugins disabled?

-- 
I have disabled all extensions and plugins and tried incognito mode, still the same issue.

I don’t know what DOM is so no I am not monitoring it :)

Do you think my layout options are too many?
If I move some of the layout to a second screen do you thing that would help?

--
My apologies for being a little dense there. DOM is the Document Object Model and it underlies how browsers structure the content rendered on the screen. I think the large number of elements is coming from all of your table arrangements but I need to dig a bit further. If anything, the issue you are experiencing indicates to me that there might be some optimization required for handling a large number of layouts. 

One question: Are you using Chrome 64-bit or Chrome 32-bit? I would assume the latter but if Chrome is crashing when it hits 2 GB, that raises some red flags and I'd just like to confirm that it's the 64-bit version.

-- 
I am using x64 on both Chrome and firefox.

The only way around the issue at the moment is to export the aia every time I work on it, delete the project and re-upload it when I start working on it again.

--
Thanks,

-- 
Thanks Jeff. That is interesting information. Just to confirm I am understanding correctly, you are saying that if you import the AIA it works just fine but once you reload App Inventor and try to open the project it crashes?

--
Yes that is correct.

-- 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기