2017년 6월 23일 금요일

Error compiling Sall's tone detector


I would appreciate any help folks can give me. I see no other Forum coverage of this problem.

I am trying a project with Sall's tone detector extension, but compilation fails at the final step as shown below

I tried deleting all blocks and compiling just with the extension component on screen1, and get the same result. 

The image processing example extension does compile in the same simple project (i.e. with no blocks of my own).


App Inventor is unable to compile this project.
The compiler error output was
________Preparing application icon
________Creating animation xml
________Generating manifest file
________Attaching native libraries
________Attaching component assets
________Compiling source files
(compiling appinventor/ai_dave_brightleaf/testSoundExtension/Screen1.yail to appinventor.ai_dave_brightleaf.testSoundExtension.Screen1)
(compiling /tmp/runtime4664125830798891747.scm to com.google.youngandroid.runtime)
Kawa compile time: 2.151 seconds
________Invoking DX
YAIL compiler - DX execution failed.

--
there are loads of threads about DX exectution failed...

It does not look like you have used the forums yet, as a search using the search box above would have returned several threads about this topic.
See for example these threads search results for DX execution failed

In case these do not help, then please prepare an example as small as possible, which demonstrates this issue and add the project (aia file) into this thread together with exact instructions for how to elicit the error, so someone can take a look

Advice: Before posting, it's a good idea to search in this forum. Many others have likely run into problems similar to yours. How to search see screenshot.
Thanks -- I did search before posting, but nothing that resulted seemed to apply to my case. 

Since there was essentially NO code in my project (1 label on the screen and the extension object, no blocks at all), I assumed there was something fundamental at fault with the sample, such as a change in AI that rendered a previously functional sample inoperative.

But apparently that's not the case, so I will scrutinize the results more.

--
where did you find that extension? any link?

Please prepare an example as small as possible, which demonstrates this issue and add the project (aia file) into this thread together with exact instructions for how to elicit the error, so someone can take a look

--
it seems to be, you are talking about the sound analysis extension by Mouhamadou, which can be found here http://appinventor.mit.edu/extensions/
I just created a small test project, imported that extension and built the project, works fine for me, see attachment...


--
Your project compiles. It also does if I replace the Mouhamadou Sall extension in your project with the one I downloaded from http://appinventor.mit.edu/extensions/data/extensions/com.gmail.at.oumar.dot.mouha.SoundAnalysis.aix, so it would appear I am using the correct extension file.

If, however, I start a new project identical to yours in every apparent way, compilation fails. (My AIA file attached, FWIW)

Intellectually frustrating, but practically speaking, that means I now have a workaround to my problem. I just build on your project.

So sincere thanks for the workaround. 

I conclude I have an anomaly of some kind that does not affect others, so no point extending this thread, I suspect.


--
I can confirm your issue, tested on both the extension test server and http://ai2-test.appinventor.mit.edu/
@MIT: are you interested in finding out, why David's project does not build?
--
I can confirm the error here.

Getting error too.

Too bad, I really needed this for simple communications with arduino.

--
@Yuri Sá: it seems to be, you are talking about something completely different. You might want to start a new thread together with your question. Thank you.
If you need help with a specific problem, please include details in your post about what was happening when the problem occurred, and anything that seemed unusual.

--

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기