2017년 7월 19일 수요일

Excel


I am working on an app that is basically a scoreboard for 13 teams. 
There are 2 rounds of 30 questions. Teams get 20 points for correct answers and lose 20 points for incorrect answers. We need to see each question as correct or incorrect and we need to see a running total of points.
We already have an Excel spreadsheet that does this, but I would like to send the information to the spreadsheet using an app. Is this possible?
I did the pizza tutorial to learn how fusion tables work. It seemed possible using a fusion table, but now I'm not so sure.
Maybe if I could flip/flop the columns and rows in the fusion table?
Any ideas to steer me in the right direction?

--
Post the current spreadsheet so we can offer specific suggestions.

For an Insert-only solution, I would recommend these columns for your
Fusion Table:
  Round Number (1-2),
  Question Number (1-30),
  Team Name (chosen from a List Picker)
   Correct? (true/false)
  Points for this question (20 or -20), derived by the app

Also create a view on the table with columns
  Round (1-2),
  Team Name
  Total Points (see the Sum and Group BY features of Fusion Tables)

Use the search box on this board for "spreadsheet" for pointers to posts
showing how to use Google Sheets from AI2.

Also see thunkable.com for the other flavor of AI2, that has
enhanced spreadsheet support built in.

-- 
I started working with a Google Spreadsheet using this tutorial:
I'm starting to make progress, but I still have a few questions that I need to work out. I've attached some screenshots to help show what I'm working with.

1. I got the data to send from my tablet to the Google Form part of the spreadsheet. However, I would like the numbers to automatically add up, like I set them to do in the spreadsheet part.Can this be done?
2. Is there a way to flip-flop the columns and rows? I would like the team names to be listed as one unchanging column. I would input the data for each team for each individual question. Right now, it's working so that I have to input the data for one team for all questions. Also, the team name gets changed from Team 1 to the autostamp date/time.
3. Is there something with the Visualization API that I need to do? I never did anything with it, but the data was sent, so I didn't worry about it.


  



-- 

I would like the numbers to automatically add up, like I set them to do in the spreadsheet part.Can this be done?

you might be able to do this using Google Apps Script.


 Is there a way to flip-flop the columns and rows? I would like the team names to be listed as one unchanging column. I would input the data for each team for each individual question.

you could have 2 sheets, one to collect the data for each team and question and a Google Apps Script could copy the data to the second sheet and add all values

-- 
Using Thunkable.com looks like the simplest option. Looks like an excellent resource for creating apps. Thanks for sharing! I tried working with a spreadsheet in CloudstitchDB - that seems to be the way to connect it to the app created on thunkable. I'm having a hard time making it work, though. I can't seem to see my spreadsheet on CloudstitchDB and I can't find any help on the website. Any tutorials or guides that you know of to help me out?

-- 

Using Thunkable.com looks like the simplest option. Looks like an excellent resource for creating apps. Thanks for sharing! I tried working with a spreadsheet in CloudstitchDB - that seems to be the way to connect it to the app created on thunkable. I'm having a hard time making it work, though. I can't seem to see my spreadsheet on CloudstitchDB and I can't find any help on the website. Any tutorials or guides that you know of to help me out?

-- 
Regarding Cloudstitch and Thunkable, check their site for their help board.
That would be a more directly targetted area of experts in this.

Let us know how it works out for you?

-- 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기