2014년 12월 10일 수요일

Two apps using a TinyWebDB

1.  I would like to record an event, a List, from one or more users into a TinyWebDB.
2. The List has two sub-lists saved into a TinyDB using a List Picker, which when selected report two labels for each list item.
3. I haven't been able to figure out how to do this with a TinyWebDB. To make this work I have saved the list with the TinyDB and then saved this combined list into a TinyWebDB.
4. A problem. My app is too large to run on the emulator so I have created a Test App to run the TinyDB/TinyWebDB system. The MarloweProc's, attached, arguments are phone, number, date and fed by the Test App.
5. I have another app which, which can be run on the emulator, presents the TinyWebDB List through List Picker to present reports (attachments). 
6. To do this I extract the list from the TinyWebDB, then save it into a TinyDB from which I can then select info. This approach almost works!

I have installed the MarloweProc into both my Big App and the Test App. Again, myTest App runs on the emulator and my APK Big App to place it into my cell phone. Both systems save list items onto my Report App. The data looks fine from both sources but when selected from the List Picker, one works and the other fails because of a 'empty-word/?' error. The emulator saves the list to the TinyWebDB correctly but the phone app doesn't. Do you have any ideas?  If I knew how to make List Picker and TinyWebDB work together... ':-) 






Thanks for your input. I tried : appinventor.mit.edu/explore/content/custom-tinywebdb-service.html, which was easy to follow - but Google Appengine Launcher asked me if wanted to 'Ignore - app.yami - which was not present, I did, and the 'green' light didn't come on so I could not proceed. I uninstalled Python and the Launcher but still could not make it work. Any ideas? Thanks. 





Custom-tinywebdb-service
1.  I went through the GoogleAppengineLauncher process, unzipped the result, and renamed it to "customtinywebdb". I noted "app.yaml" in a subfolder.
2. The green Go light was on and I opened Dashboard and created a new identifier, let's call it "myidentifier", it was accepted, for my URL.
3. Followed ...Launcher's instructions and exchanged the app in "app.yaml" to "myidentifier.yaml' by renaming the first to the second.
4. The process failed after I accepted the new .yaml code, for the green Go light went out and I couldn't proceed to Deploy for the last step. 
5. I went back to the previous correct Go with app.yaml noting the Dashboard created identifier was still there and correct.

My renaming app.yaml to myidentifier.yaml caused the error. What should I have done? 


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기