2016년 11월 22일 화요일

Font Size Override in Settings


Hello,

I have noticed in the Android OS, you can changed the font size in the Android OS settings from tiny to Huge and many steps between. When you do this Android warns you that it may not be applied across all Apps. The problem is, it is applied across my App and it causes text to become too big for the labels. Is there a way to lock the text to the chosen font size in App Inventor so that Android OS cannot override it?

Thanks,
Jonathan

-- 
Did you try checking the Screen1 setting RESPONSIVE?

-- 
I'll try it.


-- 
I haven't tried it yet, but the now that I am remembering, the reason I have it set to fixed, is that if I set it to responsive if I switch a background image it becomes  blurry and pixelated. MIT App Inventor may have fixed it, I will see.

-- 
I tried it, It may help on the font, I do not know, but I will not be able to use it on my App, because it makes my background images become pixelated. I think it is a bug in MIT App Inventor.

Thanks,

Jonathan

-- 
Make the image bigger?

-- 

Bigger then 1080x1920 pixels?


-- 
Why do some images get pixelated?    

Images become pixelated when one attempts to stuff a low resolution image into a large space; for example stuffing a 50x50 image into a 1080x1920 screen.

Android Studio and Eclipse users avoid this by using s suite of different size images to display on different size device screens.  See perhaps  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31506472/imageview-images-seem-pixelated-and-low-quality

AI2 users can minimize this by using png images instead of jpg images ... they are more easily up-converted on Android devices. The larger the size an original image has to be up-converted, the more pixelation.

Your possible solution is to provide a png image instead of jpg (if you use jpg)  or provide a larger image size  for your background...the size does NOT have to be 1080x1920 ...experiment.

You did not mention what size your original images are and whether they are jpg or png.  The algorithm Android devices use to up-convert work better but not perfectly with png images.  Realize, your device cannot provide a sharp image if the image provided is up converted by a lot.


-- 
Aside from the great advice from SteveJG's, I need to add something.
You say you are trying to use an image as background while also talking about font sizes. Is that really a good looking layout? Can you do it without an image and maybe use a subtle texture, a gradient or a plain color? I know is not what you asked for, but as a graphics designer and a person who has seen so many poorly thought layouts, please consider not using a complex image as a background when you have text in front of it. It doesn't help legibility/contrast and it doesn't look professional at all.


-- 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기