2017년 3월 27일 월요일

Client Socket Extension made, testers wanted to be continued


I tested this extension.. working with no problem when server is ok.. but..
1. when host in disabled (or connection lost etc. ) I have big  error (with "end application" button)
"connection time out" and application crash.. "Connection error -
socket creation - falied to connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port yyyy"
should be any error handling (even enough indicator that the error
occurred or error number or error message )..
- I have screen1.erroroccurred enabled - unfortunately, does not assume these errors



Can I ask about adding such a feature so that the system does not communicate FAULTS?

2. Secont thing.. 
Connect Timeout - is very long - when server or network is unavailable i have message - "application is not responding. Close ?" - should only status change etc.

-- 
Same here: crash on connection loss.
I connect to a Wifi AP (ESP8266) and open a connection using this extension and the example app. I'm able to exchange messages which is great, but as soon as the AP is turned off or goes out of wifi range, the app crashes.

Thank you Jean-Rodolphe for your hard work, and can you please fix this issue?

-- 
Thanks for your report, I have been able to reproduce the first problem you described problem and I am actually triing to solve it. It must be a kind of exception that i don't raise, but I can't find which ...

For the second problem, the timeout for a connection that doesn't work is 5 seconds, it's odd that it says "application not responding" ... is it before 5 seconds ?
-- 
Yes, the problem must be the same as Artur, I am currently triing to solve it but not with success for now ... And the compilation and a new try when I make changes is very long ... Will continue to try and as it is easily reproducable, when I will find a workaround, will post here a new version.
-- 
it's possible for you to make an UDP client to send/receive data with UDP?
Also join/dejoing multicast and broadcast adresses?!

That would be very great! There are a lot of guys that would need them!

-- 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기