2017년 5월 26일 금요일

NFC Tags - Read but no Write - NTAG216


So I was searching this forum for NFC help and I read through different threads about compatibility. The bottom line for me was "NTAG are good, Mifare Classics are bad". So I decided to give it a try and ordered these nice fellas here:
https://www.nfc-tag.de/nfc-sticker/30/ntag216-sticker-bullseye-o38mm-888-byte

NTAG216, as far as I could read in the forums here those kind of tags should work with the OPO. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Now these tags are on my table and I can READ them. I'm using "NFC Tools" from the PlayStore and when I place my phone on one of them, it tells me the kind of tag, that it's writable, empty, etc. I also was able to read a tag from a friend (a different kind though) which opened an URL.

So right now I'm trying to WRITE on these bastards, but NFC Tools and Trigger both are failing to do so. I'm not quite sure about the reason of this. Do I have to change some phone settings or are these tags just not compatible with my phone?
Is anyone of you having the same tags?

I also find it very strange that when I'm placing the phone on the tag, I hear the scanning/finding sound over and over again. I get the same behavior when I try to write. At first I thought it's a contacting problem but there is no position on the back side of the phone where it would scan and stop/shut up.

I'd be delighted if you could help me, I was so euphoric using NFC tags and now I'm a bit frustrated. :/

OnePlus One
not rooted, not flashed
OS-Version
12.1-XOG4PAS2QL
Android Version
5.1.1
Kernel-Version
3.4.67-cyanogenmod-g223b093
Build Nr.
LMY48B
 :

-- 
Okay, I have and update. I tried it with something very simple and wrote "Hello" as text onto the tag, this worked 1 out of 15 times, the other 14 times I got a write error. 

Since the reading works quite well, I guess the problem is the connection. Somehow the phone isn't able to hold a stable connection for long enough to write bigger task into the tag.

The phone is repeating the action in a rather fast pace, like I hear the sound every second when the NFC is near, similar to this thread:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/nfc.134144/#post-13760277

Could it be a software error or even a hardware error?


-- 
I've been having an issue using Android Pay, and have submitted a ticket to see if there's a software bug with NFC
OS-Version
12.1-XOG4PAS2QL I'll update you once I hear back from support.It's been a couple of days and they just sent me automated response that it'll be kicked over to a different tech to get the answer to me. So expect it to be a couple of days.

I think there is as you suggest a problem with the connection.

-- 
Since you are using an NXP tag, have you tried the official NXP apps?

TagInfo
http://market.android.com/search?q=pname:com.nxp.taginfolite

TagWriter
http://market.android.com/search?q=pname:com.nxp.nfc.tagwriter

--
Thank you very much for your answers and help!

@gmanphx Thank you for keeping me updated. I think that is an issue here, I'd be glad to hear if they can confirm it.

@PaulF8080 Thanks for the apps. I have downloaded and tried them out, but even with them I have the same problem: When trying to read/write, my phone does it in a rather rapid way repeatedly, ending in lot's of "Can't write" errors. Only seldom I'm able to write a rather small amount of data into the phone...


--
Post my repley also in https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/nfc.134144/#post-13760277

Hi, i have the same problem after updating to CM 12.1 before it works fine.

I think it is related to playing a sound or tts, when the phone is in the car holder (has a nfc tag in it) and a sound or text is played (from the routeplanner, sygic), it looks like the nfc trigger fires over and over again, till i switch nfc off.

I have tried different settings, but problem still exist.

--
Okay, I have and update. I tried it with something very simple and wrote "Hello" as text onto the tag, this worked 1 out of 15 times, the other 14 times I got a write error.

Since the reading works quite well, I guess the problem is the connection. Somehow the phone isn't able to hold a stable connection for long enough to write bigger task into the tag.

The phone is repeating the action in a rather fast pace, like I hear the sound every second when the NFC is near, similar to this thread:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/nfc.134144/#post-13760277

Could it be a software error or even a hardware error?

--
Hi, i have the very same issue with NTAG213 and OS version 12.1 YOG4PAS2QL (same kernel, same build)

--


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기