2017년 6월 1일 목요일

horizontal scrolling?


Isn't there an ability to scroll horizontally in AI2?
I looked around online and found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLgnrtIRv6o but I think that's a modified outdated version of AI, so I won't be using that.


but the video covers exactly what I'm trying to do, a horizontal layout of button which users can scroll through. Any thoughts?

--
This is not possible.
For the version in the video you have to pay 65 once and 5 per month.

--
But I really must find a way to make this work. Do you know of any alternatives method of displaying labels/buttons/anything horizontally without a limit?

--
OK, the best you can do with AI2 is Taifun's advice   
flung.aia
which probably is not sufficient for your purposes.  AI2 is an entry level Android compiler intended primarily for teaching programming.  If you need the features of a professional compiler, consider the free Eclipse and Android Studio Java based compilers.   You can horizontal scroll to your hearts content Lawrence with apps built with them.

--
If I may suggest something, You can create something like pages of buttons, instead of scrolling (which is not possible), just create a first set of buttons in a horizontal arrangement and add a small arrow button at the right end which makes the 1st set of buttons invisible and show the 2nd set. When you are showing the second set of buttons, add an arrow button on the left, to go back to the first set of buttons. I think it's the closest thing to what you need, doable in App Inventor.

--
Thanks for that link, it will suffice. 
Also I've previously used both eclipse and the android studio, and if I were to use android studio again, is there a way to transfer my current AI2 app to it?

--
No, there is no way to transfer.

--
The thought has crossed my mind, I appreciate the suggestion. 
I actually came up with a new idea similar to that, basically you can navigate through different screens by sliding left or right just like this example and just display the name of the page with a label at the very top of the screen.

BUT, there's a problem with that idea so I need an advice, the problem is the fact this example only works if you swipe on a canvas, but my app will display an array of buttons vertically. 
So my question is, how can I have an invisible canvas overlaying the whole screen? (because I only want to show the buttons while having the swiping work in order to access other screens)

--
This is getting interesting, lol. It's not possible to create a canvas on top of other elements, but maybe you can create a swiping area of maybe 50 pixels tall and all the way wide at the top or the bottom of the screen, you know what I mean?

--
how can I have an invisible canvas overlaying the whole screen?
this is not possible, but you could use sprites as alternative buttons

also probably my solution using a webviewer might be interesting for you
A powerful Label Alternative including touch gestures using the Webviewer, some HTML/jQuery and Hammer.js

--
Another idea: Use only the middle section while the sides are reserved for the buttons


--
Great thinking, I might follow that idea.
Thanks for all the replies guys, I gathered more intel than expected :)

--

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기