2017년 7월 9일 일요일

Reading a cell value in CSV File


I would like to develop an app from a CSV File which gives premium through Age Vs Sum Insured Table.  There would be Two List Pickers pertaining to Age and Sum Insured. I wish to fetch the Premium Ultimately. What is the best way to develop without using Web components. I would like to develop this in such a way that the user doesn't need internet access to work with the app. Attached is the screenshot of the Table in CSV File.


--
First of all, try to get familiar with lists:
lean how to work with lists and use the select list item block to select an item from a list
⦁ How to work with Lists and Lists of lists (pdf) by appinventor.org
Then, make a csv table out of your table and load it as an asset in your app. Use the list from csv table block to load your table and search through it as you know now how to do as per the previous step. Then, if there is something not clear, post here again with a screenshot of the blocks you tried.
I have a question about not wanting to use an internet connection, though. Is your table ever going to be updated? If yes, you must think of being able to update the data in your app, without having to send a new app to all your users. The answer depends also on how many users you have and how frequently the table is going to be updated. 
--
Hey! Thanks for your swift reply.

My table is never going to be updated. It is static. I think, If I get this using CSVs I think it won't require internet connection as the file will be in the "Assets". Moreover the end user has to just view the premium. There won't be any modifications / uploading from his end also. So, I don't think Number Of users is relevant in this case. 

I've tried some basic thing on this - attaching the same. You throw some light on how to go further. I am not getting how to use "List from CSV". 



--
You can do this with a three column (age, suminsured,premium) table and the Select
 and WHERE_EQ procedures from this doc and app: Build Your Own DB - Part 1

--
perhaps this is an off-topic (sorry), in this table with two dimensions I choose a column and a row and I get the data.

This is a Spanish tutorial about this app.




--

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기