2017년 8월 3일 목요일

How to make a "floating app"


I'm just getting started with App Inventor, but there are a few concepts I wish to learn that I don't see, so far.  I know they can be done, since I've seen "floating apps" that have these capabilities, but I'm not sure if any of these things can be done with App Inventor.

Here is what I need for either the entire app screen or some kind of object within the screen to be able to do:

1. "Float": always remain on top of other running apps.
2. Be movable: allow the user to drag it to a different part of the screen.
3, Be resizable: allow the user either to pinch resize or drag a corner to resize.

Are these capabilities available within App Inventor?  If so, where would I find them and what is the proper way to use them?  If not, is there some other tool, similar to App Inventor, that would allow these things?  Alternatively, is there a middle-ground solution where I could let App Inventor do all the initial set up and then edit the source code that it produces, changing it to incorporate these capabilities?

P.S.: My background is UNIX systems administration with C, AWK and shell programming plus, more recently, some PHP with MySQL.  Either way, Java is something with which I could probably cobble something together, but still only something I am just starting to learn.

--
Well... Let's see:

1, 2 & 3 - No, this isn't possible with App Inventor

(4) - No

(5) - You can have access to the source code and do things yourself... this is an Open Source project.  However, you'd need your own server and build server.  Here's information on that: http://appinventor.mit.edu/appinventor-sources/

(6) - No, unless you can do substantial coding in Java to modify the source code, there's really no middle ground.

So, sadly, unless you want to try to tinker with Java (and I mean TINKER, TINKER, TINKER), AI won't do these things... AI will always open full screen, as will every addition AI screen.

--
Okay.  Thanks.  Was worth asking.

BTW, the "source code" to which I was referring was not for App Inventor, itself, but for the apps one develops with it (as in "be sure to download the source code of your app as a backup" etc.).

Well, I guess the only way is to dive right in to ADT and Eclipse, or the like.

--
Sorry, but AI doesn't generate source code you can view or modify at this time.  One of the students is working on a text based code thing, but I think that's a ways away.  Even with that, you wouldn't be able to float windows!

--

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기