2014년 12월 12일 금요일

[App Inventor Open Source Development] Creating a new component, should I rebuild whenever I make changes?

I'm trying to create a new component for AI2 and I'm wondering if I should rebuild the whole application whenever I commit some changes to my code.

Also, If I'm going to make some changes in the appengine UI, what should I do to see these changes? Should I rebuild? I read from the GWT Docs that this is unnecessary.

Thank you in advance!



if you are only making changes to the component internals (not
changing any block signature), then you simply have to rebuild the
component and create a new Companion app. The target 'ant comps' will
do all this for you if you have your phone connected through a USB
cable.

If you are making any changes that affect the UI (changing the name of
a block, or the parameters, or creating a new block), then you will
need a full rebuild (simply type 'ant').

Note that the changes are almost always needed in the companion, so
you will have to install it manually if you don't use one of the
targets that pushes it automatically to the phone.

Also note that since the internationalisation code was added, some
extra work is needed to create new components; the instructions are in
YaVersion.java :
https://github.com/mit-cml/appinventor-sources/blob/master/appinventor/components/src/com/google/appinventor/components/common/YaVersion.java#L362


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기