2014년 12월 12일 금요일

Not showing past projects

My past projects are not showing under "My Projects". Any advice?
 

A red bar with black text says "Server error: could not retrieve project information. Please try again later!"

I have been getting this message for the past 4 weeks.



Are you logging in with the same ID that you created the Projects with?     If you have several log in IDs, perhaps you are using the wrong one.

You have been getting this message for several weeks.   Have you ever in that time been able to find your projects or you never have been able to get your projects?  Are you having problems with all projects or just some?    If some, what is are the names of those projects?

Be aware, App Inventor Classic support will disappear shortly according to the MIT Development Team; when exactly has not been announced.  The last anouncement indicated during Fall 2014.  So it is imperative you convert your AI Classic projects that you want to continue to develop to AI2 as soon as possible.

If you have multiple log-ins, try a different on and let us know what happens.  If not, answer the other question and someone will try to find out why you are not connecting.



I double checked which login I was using, so that is not the issue.

In the past, they would eventually load (maybe 5 minutes later). However, the past few weeks they haven't loaded at all. I saw that announcement which is why the past month I have been trying to access them before App Inventor Classic is dismantled. 



do your App Inventor Classic projects show up here http://beta.appinventor.mit.edu/?


No



OK, so you have different accounts and neither work.  Is the account you think is the correct account tied to the Google account you are tryng to log into.  In order for MIT to determine what might be wrong with your projects, they will need to know.   Yes, or No?

Do you know the names of some of the Projects in your account?    Knowing them might help someone to establish what is wrong.

The site you should be using to find your AI Classic blocks is here:  http://appinventor.mit.edu/explore/classic.html    Can you confirm that is where you are looking for your Projects please.

What kind of Internet connection do you have?      You said "In the past, they would eventually load (maybe 5-10 minutes later). However, the past few weeks they haven't loaded at all. "    Those are extremely slow connection speeds.  Do you have a DSL connection, cable or dial-up ...and do you know your Internet download speed?   A service like this  http://www.geeksquad.com/do-it-yourself/tools/test-your-broadband-speed.aspx  may help you to determine that.



I haven't had any issues with my other account.

This google account - SchaefferResearch - is the account with which I am having issues. 

Yes, that is the site I am using. The projects under "My Projects" will not load.

There are many projects- the names are variations along the lines of: 
"A1001_Prac" "A1002Prac" "A1003Prac" "B2001_Prac" 
and "A1021_As2" "B2023_As2" "C3030_As2" etc. 

Originally, they loaded instantly. In October, they started having issues loading, but would eventually appear after 5-10 minutes.
The connection is not the issue- I just tested my speed using the geeksquad site and my DL speed is 38.66 Mbps, UL speed 2.36 Mbps.



OK thanks ... connection speed frequently is the issue.   Be patient, the guy that looks at such things is busy on a huge project.... he will eventually look at this so watch the posts here ... be aware, if he does not get to your issue, the weekend is upon us.   Thanks for the additional info.

Be aware, it may not be possible to recover your project(s) ... someone will look.  You might have to back up with saved source files if you have them.

A last question, can you presently start and load a NEW project ?   Just to make sure the account is still 'livel.



Yes, I can create new ones. However, if I close the page and then open the page, I cannot access the project any longer. It disappears, along with all the previous projects.



Try disabling ALL of your add-ons and plug -ins...

If you create a project, close the browser, open the browser and the project's gone, it's definitely on your end.

Have you tried Chrome instead of Firefox to see if you can get to your projects?



If I log in with another account, my projects with the other account are all there. However, when I am logged in with SchaefferResearch@gmail, the projects will not show up.

I disabled my add-ons and plug-ins. This did not fix the issue.

I experience the same issue and error message "Server error: could not retrieve project information. lease try again later!" in both chrome and firefox. I have tried 8 other computers (both Macs and PCs) and get the same error message every time.



Hi. I'm one of the MIT App Inventor maintainers. I just checked and you have 478 projects registered. I suspect that you have hit a fundamental limit in how many projects you can have. App Inventor is hosted on the Google App Engine platform. App Engine requires that all requests be processed within 60 seconds. I suspect it is taking App Engine more then 60 seconds to enumerate your projects. I'm not sure what we can do about that, except remove some projects.

Are there some (hopefully small number of) projects that you require. I can manually extract them from the system and give you the appropriate zip file. You can then upload them under another account.



Is there anyway I can get all of them? They are a crucial part of my master's thesis. Or somehow make them available to me for a limited amount of time (1 day would be all I would need) so I can go in and screenshot the information I need from each one? 



Don't you have AIA files (AI2) or ZIP (AI Classic) backup files of your work, or at least most of it???

If not, I'm astonished that you're trusting ALL of the work you did on your thesis to the cloud.  That's not very protective of your work, and you're exercising an ENORMOUS amount of trust in things you can't control.

It would be a HUGE job for Jeff to extract all 478 projects... which ones are you missing for which you have no backup?



My local backup was destroyed at the beginning of November. I was in the process of making new local files when the program stopped loading the projects. 

I need all of the files which have the phrase "Prac" or "As2" in them. 

I understand that this is still a lot of projects (around 280). If there is anyway the program could support the projects (even a 24 hour window), I could get all the information I need.



You don't seem to understand... It's not MIT that locked you out, but it's a timing issue because you have too many.  That's out of MIT's hands as it's the Google App Engine that has to load them all, and apparently, due to the sheer volume of them, the server can't keep up.

We'll see what we can do, but be advised that if a solution is worked out, you'll have to act fast... That means checking your email constantly and coming back to the forum several times a day to check.



I'll see what I can do. Basically I'll have to write some dedicated code to go into the Google Data Store and extract the projects in such a way as to not trigger the timeout.

I'll start work on that tonight. Hopefully it shouldn't take me more then a day or so.



Thanks, Jeff.



I was able to recover 459 projects. I have placed them in a password protected dropbox folder. I will send you the link and password in private email.



Again... magician... excellent Jeff!


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기