2014년 12월 12일 금요일

News feed


I'm attempting to create an app to display sport results, and I'd like to create a news feed to display recent results and information similar to that. I want to be able to update it from my computer. How should I approach this? Hope you understand what I want to do, and thanks in advance.

-- 

The same principles apply to RSS sport feeds as described in this tutorial : https://sites.google.com/site/theairepository/faq/how-to-s

You may also want to look at:

AI2 free online eBook   http://appinventor.mit.edu/explore/ai2/tutorials.html   ... the links are at the bottom of the Web page.


Try some blocks.   If you run into serious problems, post here a screen capture png or jpg of the blocks you tried and ask again.

--
one solution is to store your news in a fusiontable
in the app just execute a SELECT statement to get the current news
to learn how to work with fusiontables, I recommend you to do the tutorial

--
Something real simple....write your news in a Google Drive Document.   Post your 'news' in the document.   Share the file with everyone.  Use a WebViewer to share the 'shareed' url    .... it can not get any simpler.   A Fusion Table, over kill and not as pretty..

--
I'm not completely familiar with RSS feeds, will I be able to create and update one without having a website?


I've already used fusion tables in another part of the app, but as Steve said I'm afraid it won't look good for the use I'm giving it. Using a google drive document sounds like a great idea, I'll get working on it now. Thanks for the quick answers to both of you.

--
A Fusion Table, over kill and not as pretty

yes, we can have different opinions, no problem...

a fusiontable offers loads of possibilities, e.g. to be able to filter only parts of the information (WHERE condition) for example to display only the latest news
with other solutions you will have to delete the old news manually...

a fusiontable is only a table and must not be pretty: it is the job of your app to display it nice...and you can do that...
you can display the result of a fusiontable in a webviewer, see the Pizza Party tutorial or you can display the result in your own HTML document, 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기