2014년 12월 24일 수요일

Published game apps not working but showing in google play


I have published two free game apps created by students, the .apk files downloaded fine and was able to publish. They went live on google play and you can see them on there. However after you have downloaded them on android phones you go to open and it comes up with an error message stating the game has had to close. Any idea why this is happening and why you can't actually use the download?

-- 

before uploading an apk file to Google Play, let me recommend to test it first on a device...
do you get the same problem then? whaat is the size of the apk file?

--
The file size is is 4.33 MB they have been tested on  5 different android devices pre upload to google play and they worked fine so that's why it is is confusing the apps are VirtualWOW and LightUpWOW any help most appreciated

--
what you can do after downloading the app from Google Play is to find out, why it force closes. You can use logcat for that, see also

--
I just tried that for you, see screenshot,


I'm not sure, but as far as I understand the error message it seems to be, there is an image with size = 0 inside the app, but maybe I'm wrong?
probably someone from the MIT developers can help?

12-18 10:59:06.255: E/AndroidRuntime(8844): java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int android.graphics.Bitmap.getWidth()' on a null object reference

12-18 10:59:06.255: E/AndroidRuntime(8844):  at com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.Canvas$CanvasView.onMeasure(Canvas.java:467)
12-18 10:59:06.255: E/AndroidRuntime(8844):  at android.view.View.measure(View.java:17430)

meanwhile you could open the aia file, then go to the folder assets and check, if there are assets with size = 0, see also example screenshot...
as you know, there have been problems with zero sized assets lately...


Thanks so much I will try all of this tomorrow, not techy enuff for this stuff, but really appreciate your help.

--
I can not find the problem in either of the apps and it's weird that it is both as they we're build by two different students, shall I re upload them onto google play to see if that makes a difference? Really annoying as the students are having a launch party on January 13th.....

--
What I would do with both apps is:

Load them in Ai2.
Remove all items in Media  ... delete all of them, one by one
Replace all items in Media
Make an apk
Then email the apk to yourself and the open it on the phone.  To test to see if it runs on the phone.
   Here is how to do that:  
If  the 'fixed' app runs on the phone,  then resubmit to Google Play...you will have to change the version number (as mentioned in the above link because Google Play is fussy).
If not, tell us what you did.

If you re-instantiate all the media, you do not have to go through the process of checking for 0 bytes images.  MIT believes the problem that 0 bytes caused with compiling and sometimes corrupting the apk (where the app may run on the live development  and it might not run on a device)  has been fixed.  The problem started on the 11th December and is now fixed (19 December).    If the apk's the students submitted were compiled within that window, the above should fix the issue.

Hint:  ALWAYS test an apk on a device BEFORE submitting it to Google Play.

--
Thanks so much for your help, will give this all a go and let you know. Thanks :-)

--
Steve, have had a look at this, only problem is if I delete all the media it will delete all from the blocks and as I didn't create it the students did I would not have a clue how it was originally set. There is quite a lot of media. Also the .apk files were tested on a mobile phone using a file manager system and they worked fine before Google play upload two weeks ago. Any thoughts be appreciated. Thanks, may need to pay a pro a fixers fee if can't get it sorted :-)

--
Then just upload the clean files over the files in Media.  ...and yes there are issues.    If this is a zero bytes issue,  you can do what Taifun suggests earlier in the thread or  replace all the files, even the ones that are not zero bytes

The other way to get the project to compile properly is to use the aia source files.   Delete the current project, then re-install it from an aia.   You do have aia's?

If you do not have aia's, there is no way you can get these projects to a third party that I am aware of.

The problem is probably related to this:  Problems loading projects? 

The apps are the apps are VirtualWOW and LightUpWOW   ... to attempt a 'restore' by MIT, MIT would need the student's log ins (because they have to be able to find the files); ift MIT can do anything, you (or the students) are still going to have the issue in that the students will  have to replace the files from their master image folder (or wherever they stored the originals).    Yes, painful.

Why don't you try"

--
Firstly how do I upload the clean files in media?

I do have the .aias as students have emailed them to me

So basically I upload the .aia as a new project, then save it and then render it to make a .apk file then email that to my phone and test and if works then delete the first release on google play and re release

--
As Steve said, you would have to go into the project, and add each piece of media again.  You would have to have access to all original media files... photos, graphics, sounds, videos etc.

Once you have reloaded all of the media, you should be fine again.

--
Erica you are correct.    If the aia file was created before the 0 byte image problem on the Google Server occurred, all you got to do is use the aia..
If the aia was created during the period Dec 11-18, you will have to delete files and then replace them.

I would load an aia as a new project, compile it and cross your fingers.  Test it on the emulator/WIFI, if it is OK, then compile an apk.   Email the apk to yourself, load it on your device and make sure it runs.    If it is perfect, load on Google Play...you will have to change the Project's version number to allow the 'fixed' version to load (possibly you should change the version after you load the aia to be sure).     If the compiled app still has problems, you will have to go the painful route.  
How to load the clean files to media?  Here is an example using the Hello Purr tutorial..it loads an mpg file, the other file types load the same way.  Very good you have the original images etc.

Modified by SteveJG.   Under the Media pane, Click Upload New... (#2) Browse to the location of the meow.mp3file  and other student's images and upload these to theproject (#3). Under the Properties pane, see that the Source property currently says None.... Click the wordNone... to change the Sound1 component's Source to meow.mp3 (#4).



To delete the existing files, go to the button that shows Upload File ...look above, here there is a file called kitty.png ... you won't have that but will have a list of the student's files.  Left click on one of them; when a pop up shows, select Delete.   The file is deleted.   Another way to do this is just to use the Upload File button and upload the clean files ..the app will balk and ask, do you really want to replace an existing file... ignore the message and replace.

--
Great thanks Steve and all, guess what I am going to be doing on Christmas Eve.?.. Will give that a go and if not then the students will have to sort when schools first back. Appreciate your help. 

--
Hi Steve , the great news is that it works perfectly well so that is all good, however in google developer console the uploading has failed, I have changed the version code of the app within MITAi2 but it still won't upload. Is this because I have unpublished the one that didn't work and it just takes time to clear or is it because I am not the student who was the developer? Can I just publish from scratch with a new key vide, will this solve the issue? 

--
Very glad you got the projects to work.    Your Google Play questions "the uploading has failed, I have changed the version code of the app within MITAi2 but it still won't upload. Is this because I have unpublished the one that didn't work and it just takes time to clear or is it because I am not the student who was the developer? Can I just publish from scratch with a new key vide, will this solve the issue?"    I don't know.   I expect the issue  might be you are not the 'owner'  of the app but I do not know or it does not associate you with the developers account for the project.

You could change the names of the apps and you can republish under your account (if you have a Google Play Developer account).  You could do that by Projects > Save project as ...     and instead of  GreatStudentApp call it  FantasticStudentApp   (as an example)... Google has some 'funny' rules and they may decide you are guilty of plagiarism however.  So, perhaps, the students will need to resubmit. There are several guys here who are very knowledgeable about GP and I expect one will provide some advice (I'll send a note to one).

--
Ok we only have one developer account and they were both published under this account but the students were the developers of the app, so this is why I am not sure why it is not letting me as in Mit I have changed the project name to VirtulWOW2 thinking this makes sense as version 2 but it still does not like it. The only thing I can think of is that I am logged into MIT and my login is different to the students as they were the developers. Hope that makes sense. Erica.

--
 I have changed the version code of the app within MITAi2 but it still won't upload

you always have to change both, version code and version name
do you get an error message?

--
Yes the error message states upload failed, you need to assign a new version code as this one already exists.
However I get this message even when uploading a file where I have changed the name. If I have to change a code as well as file name, where do I do this. If not I  am wondering if I need to change it elsewhere or actually just wait for google play to unpublish the app before re uploading as it says it can take hours.....

--
as already said, you always have to change both, version code and version name
see also screenshot below
--
Thanks Taifun, I will give this a go next week after the festive period, but thankfully no bug and this is all I have to do now. Has given me brain ache. 

--
Hi I have changed the version code but I still get this error message, any idea where I put the existing certificate?

The below is my error message 

Upload failed
You uploaded an APK that is signed with a different certificate to your previous APKs. You must use the same certificate. Your existing APKs are signed with the certificate(s) with fingerprint(s):
[ SHA1: D3:48:F5:EA:22:60:23:46:55:A6:A7:5C:7E:65:CF:38:17:DF:79:A2 ]
and the certificate(s) used to sign the APK you uploaded have fingerprint(s):
[ SHA1: 96:0D:C3:73:EC:62:4A:3E:91:11:F4:83:22:F5:74:DC:8A:DB:31:5C ]


Your APK needs to have the package name appinventor.ai_jamie_richardson.VirtualWOW1.

--

1. did you log in to App Inventor using the account of jamie_richardson? 
2. did you rename the project name?

if you want to upload a new version of the same project, the login (jamie_richardson) and the project name (VirtualWOW1) must stay the same, only version code and version name must be updated!

But probably easier for you is to unpublish both apps in the Developer Console and upload them to Google Play as new apps.

--
No I don't have students login only my own. So if I unpublish. Can I republish both apps on my login?
Thanks for getting back to me.

--
but you will get another package name then

--
Thanks have managed to publish, you guys are really helpful on here so I really appreciate your support. Awesome Forum :-)

--

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기