2017년 6월 2일 금요일

TextToSpeech Languages


What languages are available for TextToSpeech?  Are they all offline?

--
The language code: ...changes the pronounciation of words, not the actual language spoken.
The country code: ...can affect the pronounciation.
If I ask TextToSpeech to say words from another language, will it speak that language?

-- 
Never mind, I found the answer here:
YandexTranslator translation of text strings

-- 
Are the language codes the same codes that Yandex uses?  Table of Yandex languages and codes are here.

-- 
The language codes Yandex uses are different that what the TTS engine requires. 

Some language/country TTS codes are here: https://tech.yandex.com/translate/doc/dg/concepts/api-overview-docpage/ ; Search the Internet for more, there are plenty more languages TTS knows. The following may work:http://www.science.co.il/language/locale-codes.asp

-- 
Thank you!

-- 
How about the ISO 639-1: two-letter codes in the table on Wikepedia here?  I think those ones will work, too...

-- 
I tried to find the supported languages under Android developer documentation and searched the internet for TTS codes, but I cannot find a full list.  I want to make an app with a list of TTS languages to select from.  I'll be getting the available countries and languages with the TextToSpeech blocks, but how's the user supposed to know what the codes mean?  So I want to search a list of codes and names to get the names, so I can display the names instead.

Do you know of a list?  The only full-looking list I found was this one here, and I don't think it'll work.

-- 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기