2014년 12월 9일 화요일

Lenovo tablet pc app doesn't gps location

Hi everybody. I have really important question to me. You know the app named AndroidWheresMyCar 
 When I scanned the qr code and test it on my mobile phone I could get my position. But when I use my lenovo android 4.2.2 tablet I couldn't get my location and no error message either. I can start maps easily and get my location everything works perfect except that app. Any advise? I could really use some help here. Thank you



Does your Lenovo tablet have a GPS receiver?    When you try WhereIsMyCar, do you have a WIFI connection or a 3G or 4G connection with the tablet so you can get positional information from the network?  Additionally, in the Android Settings, for Location, you have to allow Google to find you, so you have to check the permissions in the Location part of Settings.


For the LocationSensor in WhereIsMyCar to provide positional data, the app has to have access to either a built-in GPS receiver, have a WIFI connection, or a G3/G4 data connection on the Tablet.

There are other issues, depending on what LocationSensor.Provider is set to in the software.



Hi thank you for your answer. I am using updated version and my navigation works when I use Lenovo's navigation program. My wi-fi works aswell. I can get my location from google maps or lenovo's program. But when I try app inventor applications I can not get my location. I can enter an address and app can find it via google maps but when I say find my location it says no address available. It works on mobile but not tablet . I have exam and I have to study but can not test my app. 



1) You did not answer the question; does your tablet have a GPS receiver?
2) You did not answer the question; normally on your tablet, what is the decimal separator, a period ( . ) or ( - )?
3) If your Lenovo has a GPS, WMC will work on it if your decimal separator is a period.  Your phone works because the AI2 app is either using the GPS that is built in or it is using network.
4)  If your AI2 app say's  "no address available", there is a reason.  Possibly because of #2, possibly because of #1 and possibly because of how WMC sets the LocationSensor.Provider.  WMC does not set Provider programably; it should do so.  Additionally, sometimes Google can not find an address, even in large cities but frequently in the country away from lots of cell towers.  The LocationSensor correctly quiries Google Maps which provides location information, if the information sent has the wrong decimal seperator;  google will respond with "no address available."

5)If you will please answer #1 and #2   and post a screen capture of the blocks you use, someone can help. If you do not have #1, your tablet will not respond when it is out of range of a WIFI.

6) if you answer a comma ( , ) to #2 the problem is If you are in Europe or elsewhere where the decimal separator is not a period, you will have issues with David Wolber's tutorial.   That might be part of your issue.   Here is a solution for that from Herrve's pdf here https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/mitappinventortest/herve/mitappinventortest/oxCxwzb4Zgc/RNw8POCgq7QJ           

As mentioned in an earlier post, the LocationSensor reports location using periods.  This has to be considered when programming using a device that uses a comma ( , ) decimal separator.

The text is in French, but the blocks should help you.

The issue could be something else, but without seeing the blocks in the code, we can not help.    Did you code the blocks yourself?   Or are you just using David's apk?     If you are using his apk, that is probably the problem.   He needs to fix his tutorial because the code he posted months ago seems to work on his device but it also does not work properly on my tablet.  That can be fixed if it is still the issue.   If you are still having issues, please contact David at    wolberd@gmail.com  ; perhaps he can provide you with an apk that will work.   He and his students wrote the app.




Isn't the Lenova a Windows tablet?  AI Apps will only work on Android...


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기