2015년 1월 1일 목요일

ppinventor 2 crashes on apps that were working ok before

I created 3 versions of an app that uses multi screens and webviewer and were working fine the last time I used them about a week ago. Now, when I run them on my phone through companion, I get "Unfortunately, MIT AI2 Companion has stopped". It seems to be happening when it tries to switch screens. Has something changed recently? Appreciate any help. thanks.



it seems to be, you never used the "close screen" block?
see here how to switch screens correctly: 

The recommended method of switching screens in App Inventor




I will make that change but why would they work last week and not this week especially when I didn't make any changes in between?

Also, do you have access to my apps?

Just so you know, I'm certainly a newbie to app inventor but I have been programming computers and designing applications for large organizations since the days of the 80 column Hollerith punched cards. This old guy, retired now, is still having fun hacking away it...

Thank you again for all your help.



why would they work last week and not this week especially when I didn't make any changes in between?
probably because you did not test switching screens several times? 
Note: if you only use the open another screen and never the close screen block, you will run out of memory after a while. Also reopening an already opened screen is a bad idea. For example if you open Screen1 twice, you also have to close your app twice!


Also, do you have access to my apps?
no, only you have access to your apps


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기