2016년 12월 1일 목요일

Is there a way to compare all values stored in TinyDB?


Hello Friends,

I am saving a value(i.e., Date Of Birth in the format MM/DD/YYYY) in TinyDB with User defined "Tags".

If user enters "tag" name which is already stored in TinyDB, then notifier notifies user to enter different name.

Problem is, How to compare values(Date Of Birth) with the values those already stored in TinyDB(that too without a tag)? 

I tried attached blocks but Problem not solved. Without specific "tag"  name its unable to compare two values.

Please help me.

error.png 표시 중

-- 
I think you have a strange if.
The or part will never work, because response is a string and the result of GetTags is a list. And what would be the purpose of this?
For the red triangle, maybe it will work if you define a local (or global) variable and set it to the value of the call TinyDB1.GetValue, and then compare your textfield with this variable.
Cheers, Ghica.

-- 
Thank you Ghica.

As per your suggestion I can use and define global variable and set it to the the value of the call TinyDB1.GetValue. 
But this works only for one tag and its value. 

My plan is to compare all values (i.e, multiple values say each and every value) stored in TinyDB under different "Tag" names. These "Tags" are user defined.

So, defining global variable not solve my problem.

Please check attached flowchart. Believe it may give some more idea about my Problem. 

error.png 표시 중


flowchart3.png 표시 중
-- 
What do you do if some one has twins?

They are born on the same day.

ABG


-- 
Hmm.

Sir, I am not getting your words. Please explain.


--
Before I can explain why your or cannot work perfectly as you claim and why my global or local variable can work with as many tags as yo like, let us have something clear. You have a TinyDB with user defined tags and birth-dates as values. So, for example
Tag.   Value
John  01/02/1956
Mary  12/12/2001
Annie  06/06/1998
Etc.

Now, someone tries to add another birthdate for another Mary and you find that Mary is already there. You find out because when you retrieve the value for Mary you get some other value than an empty string. So, you give the person the option to enter another tag, Mary2 for example, and try again, until the user entered a tag that is not a duplicate.

Is this what you want to do? If not, explain.
Cheers, Ghica


--
I asked the question about the twins to find out more about your application,
and what each tag and its value means in the real world.

Let's start with some sample data.

Imagine I has a son, ABG_Jr, born yesterday.

What tag and value would you use for him?

ABG

-- 
@Ghica

Yes Sir.

You are right.

With tag comparison , I also want to search Whether DOB value duplicates?


--
@Abraham Getzler.

Sir, In your example.

In my application, I use: ABG_jr = tag and Value= 11/30/2016.



--
How did you conclude I am a sir? Think again and apologize.

If you post your .aia I will correct it for the duplicate name problem.
For the duplicate birth-date problem I need more information.

Suppose I am entering the information for Mary2, do you want to find that she has the same  date of birth as Bob and Alice at that point in time?
If yes, what do you want to do with that information?
If no, when would you like that question and how?
Cheers, Ghica.


--

In my application, I use: ABG_jr = tag and Value= 11/30/2016.


So lets say my wife also had a daughter, ABGina on that same day, so I would also have
ABGina = tag and 11/30/2016 as a value.

You say you are looking for duplication.

Does this count as duplication?

ABG

-- 
for 23 people in your database you already will have a probability of 50% to get 2 people having birthday the same day... ;-)

Taifun

-- 
@Ghica

1. How did you conclude I am a sir? Think again and apologize.

There is nothing to think behind it. I am showing "respect" by quoting "Sir". "Sir" is a highly revered word in "India". 
If quoting "Sir" is a mistake, please forgive me.

2. If you post your .aia I will correct it for the duplicate name problem. 

Finding Duplicate name is working perfectly. My problem is about, finding duplicate Dates.

-- 
@ Abraham Getzler, Taifun.

Main objective of my App is : To generate Immunization Schedule.
Targeted Users: Individuals & Primary Health Centers - India.

I use Date Of Birth to calculate Vaccination Due dates. 

No problem, If the Date of Birth of two or more Person is Same.

Also, What I thought is, We can Save "ABGina" and "ABG_jr" in single tag.
Tag = ABGina and ABG_jr. 
Value = 11/30/2016.

App is 90% completed. Only thing is, I am stuck at "this" comparison.

Whether to omit Duplicate Dates or to allow Duplicate Dates ?

Suppose,If I choose to Omit, then I need to compare Dates and How it will happen?

Thank you.

-- 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기