2016년 12월 21일 수요일

Updating button status stored in TinyWebDB


I have been working on TinyWebDB lately. I was able to update the status of one button, but when I added one extra button the app acts weird. 
Hope i'll be able to explain it properly, 

There are two buttons. When I click the first one the image changes, but when I click the second one the image of the second button gets updated on the first button.
Both the buttons status are saved in different tags. I'm not able to figure out where I have gone wrong.

Here are my blocks:

-- 
for each tag you have to use its own TinyWebDB.GetValue block


also you did not understand, how asynchronous calls are working: 
first get the value and in the GotText event then do something with the received value


-- 
I understood what you trying to say also I did the changes accordingly but still doesn't solves my issue. 
The data is still updating on the first button not on the second. 
I have gone through the tutorials and read it too. Will saving the tags in a list help??

-- 
I made the changes as you said, main issue was that I was updating both the buttons on same name. I fixed it and it works well. 
But now I get "Runtime Error" which says "width must be >0" . as I went through the forum people have discussed about this issue regarding the canvas component. 
But I'm using just Image property to change the button image.

-- 
This image is the modified version of the buttons, All the buttons update are working fine but when I refresh the app only the "AC" button is updated rest of them are not, they appear to be blank.


-- 
so how does your GotValue event look like?
you should do some tutorials about TinyWebDB to understand the basics...

A very good way to learn App Inventor is to read the free Inventor's Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook   http://www.appinventor.org/book2 ... the links are at the bottom of the Web page.  The book 'teaches' users how to program with AI2 blocks.
There is a free programming course here http://www.appinventor.org/content/CourseInABox/Intro  and the aia files for the projects in the book are here:  http://www.appinventor.org/bookFiles  
How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here:  http://www.appinventor.org/content/howDoYou/eventHandling  .

Also do the tutorials http://appinventor.mit.edu/explore/ai2/tutorials.html to learn the basics of AppInventor, then try something and follow the
 Top 5 Tips: How to learn App Inventor

You will not find a tutorial, which does exactly what you are looking for. But doing the tutorials (not only reading a little bit) help you to understand, how things are working. This is important and this is the first step to do.

-- 
I tell you! you are a "GEM" Thank you for so much of patience. Problem was with my getblock I accidentally put all the condition in one if loop. oopps! my bad.

Thank you a lot really!!!


-- 

댓글 1개:

  1. Order a Sparkling White Smiles Custom Teeth Whitening System online and enjoy BIG SAVINGS!
    * 10 shades whiter in days!
    * Professional Results Guaranteed.
    * Better than your dentist, for a fraction of the cost.
    * Same Teeth Whitening Gel as dentists use.

    답글삭제