2017년 6월 23일 금요일

Sound analysis and extensions


Trying to create a "toolbox" for working with sound and the MIT AI2.  Researching this forum I came across a link to the sound analysis extension (by Mouhamadou) @ MIT App Inventor Extensions   However, couldn't find supporting instructions on how to use the components (within his aix).  I also found some threads about it (link below) that had "aia" attachments but after installing them there was no blocks to look at ?   Thread address: Error compiling Sall's tone detector

Can someone please direct me towards any documentation or working blocks that will describe how to use the extension mentioned above ?
I have attached a very simple trial project (11 blocks) and its "aia" file to ask if you can tell me how to make it work ?
For example - it seems I am trying to use the "SoundAnalysis" output incorrectly (trying to present the pitch result as the label text)



--
Realized the issue / what I was doing wrong and changed the blocks as attached (pls see Image2. png  and Sound_2.aia)
However, what I see on the screen (Label "PITCH") is some short term text and it then sets to show 0, as if the pitch is "captured", shown on the screen and then overwritten with the pitch value (result) for "silence"  (== 0) ?

Perhaps I need to create a mechanism to capture the result of the "Got Pitch" event and prevent changing its value with another pitch sampling ? 






-- 
Got the app to perform and provide the pitch result. The strange thing is - it allways shows the same number no matter what noise or sound I expose the phone to ?  As you can see in the attached image the "getPitch result" always returns  81.21828 (?).  Any ideas why ?



-- 
|CAN´T "CLICK" IT IN ?
Components cannot be in Text definitions. If you would like to set the Text to SoundAnalysis1, use "SoundAnalysis1".

-- 
Figured that and got the app running. Anuy thoughts why it always shows the same numerical result ("getPitch" result) ?

-- 
It has been quiet here for about a week, I guess my post is a bit exotic...not many users interested in this particular sound extension ?

-- 
I am interested. How do u even get it started? is it ok if i see the full version of your blocks. Then I'll see from there

-- 
Great raddy, glad to share. Please find attached the "aia" file (Sound_2).




-- 
When you open teh aia and look at the blocks in there, don't get surprised. I am not sure what I did is all necessary or correct. Couldn't find any  supportig documentation so I just intuitively set some parameters to what they are in my aia.
For example, as you will see I am setting the "SoundAnalysis1 IsRecording" to false/true - thinking it is needed for the code to function.
Will try tonight to run it without it - and see what happens.

-- 
Seems awfuly quiet here.
No comments ?

-- 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기