2014년 12월 5일 금요일

Chat room using tinyWebDB. Devices not reaching the same server.

So I have made a real simple program that uses the tinyWebDB to pass a simple string value under the tag of "text" between devices.  When I try the program on one device it works fine, however the item was not sent across the web to my other device.  I am using the default service to try and do this.  If that won't work then can someone provide me with a link to a free database that I will be able to use for this.  Any suggestions at all will be helpful.



It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.



That is my entire program though.  Any idea what i am doing wrong?



ths screenshot only shows sending some text
the device which likes to receive the text, has to call TinyWebDB.GetValue(text) to get the text



So how would I make it synchronized.That is what I am trying to do.  I see how I could do it in regular java, it is a simple keyword, but I don't see how to do that in appinventor.



use a clock component and call the TinyWebDB.GetValue regularly



then the data usage becomes too high.



alternatively you can take a look into this solution https://puravidaapps.com/pubnub.php, which offers long polling


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기