2014년 12월 22일 월요일

How to set Listpicker in landscape

I am new in app inventor. Please kindly let me know how to set listPicker in landscape mode. I already try to set my main screen into landscape but when i start the listpicker. A list of element is still shown in portrait mode. Please help and guide me how to do. Thanks in advance.






if the screen orientation of the screen is defined as landscape, the listpicker should also display only in landscape

I just tried it and can confirm that issue, the listpicker displays in landscape and if you turn the device, it displays in portrait which looks like a bug...



Thank you for your quick reply and kind help. I have attached my block diagram here too. I want my user who clock the listpicker button. A bluetooth device list will be displayed in landscape instead of portrait. Is it really a bug or i do something wrongly? Thank you.




You're missing something... use the orientation blocks under the screen drawer to set the orientation for the list before.picking



Can you show me how to create the orientation block? Or any tutorial link on this part?thank you



To test how to setup a landscape orientation in listpicker, I try to design a very simple test apps. Please see the attached screenshot. Emulator shows that the list contain "a" and "b" in landscape mode-just follow the same orientation as the main screen1.However, when i run the complied apps in my handheld, android kit kat. The list is displayed in protrait instead of landscape. Is it really a bug or i miss something here?





as already said, I can confirm your issue.
please add your aia file of your test app into this thread, this will help MIT to fix this bug



Please confirm this as the correct description of the bug:

The listpicker's orientation is determined by the physical orientation of the phone, rather than by the screen Orientation property. In other words, if you hold the phone
oriented as a portrait, the listpicker will display in portrait mode, regardless of how the screen orientation property is set.   If you hold the phone oriented as landscape, 
the listpicker will display are landscape, regardless of how the screen Orientation property is set.   If you rotate the phone, the listpicker will rotate (sensor mode, just as the screen 
rotates in sensor mode).

Is this the accurate description of the issue?



Thank you for your help. Maybe i post the aia file and the corresponding screeshot later for MIT team to further investigate. I did a test for my galaxy nexus and samsung galaxy S5. It also has the same case as described before. .

My case is:

1. I set the main screen in landscape and try to add a listpicker button on the main screen
2. When i click the listpicker button. What i expect is to have a bluetooth device list which displayed in landscape instead of portrait.

With no luck, ai emulator just shows what i expected to do in my test apps- Bluetooth device listed displayed in landscape just the same as the orientation in screen1.

But for the real physical device, samsung galaxy and samsung S5, bluetooth device list is not tight with the orientation properties in screen1,which means bluetooth device list is displayed in portrait instead of landscape.And of course, screen1 is still displayed in landscape.



I have attached full set of file here. As per said, the orientation of the generated list is not tight with the orientation in screen1. The result show in emulator is not the same as what i can see in real physical device. Maybe someone can guide me on how to set landscape in listpicker? Thank you.









Yes, i confirm your description is correct. 

Case 1:
If i disallow orientation rotation in my handheld, screen1 is displayed in landscape where listpicker's orientation is in portrait mode.

Case 2:
If i allow orientation rotation in my handheld, screen1 keeps in displayed in landscape while listpicker's orientation just follow the handheld's physical sensor.It means "The listpicker's orientation is determined by the physical orientation of the phone, rather than by the screen Orientation property."

Please let me know if i need to provide any further info.Thank you



Thanks.  I'll file this as a bug for us to fix.




This has been fixed and will appear in a system update soon.

Thanks for reporting it.





Good to hear that. Thank you for you and MIT team's effort.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기