2015년 1월 4일 일요일

Creating a user controlled character that can move from left to right a

I am new to app inventor, and I would like to make an app that does the following.  I kindly ask for your help and prompt response, as this is for a class and the project is due early January. Also, I would like to know if my project is too ambitious or even possible in App Inventor.

OVERVIEW OF APP:
My app will be the user controlling a miner in a cave collecting all the coins he can simply by moving around. Once you collect enough coins you can use the coins to purchase a permanent upgrade for your character like allowing the character to do a double jump or go super fast, allowing the miner to get to a new area of the cave.

ISSUES I NEED HELP WITH:
1. The issue that I am struggling with is being able to fully program a user controllable character. How would I be able to jump and have the character automatically fall back down with gravity?
2. Another problem I'm facing is how can I program platforms so that they are solid and can't be passed through?





Here is an article that may help with some basic things in your school project:  http://www.appinventor.org/Chapter17 

Also  you could  search in the forum using the Search for topics box to the right of the colorful google at the top of this page with terms like:
sprite
gravity

Is the project too ambitious for AI2  ... well if you have a map for searching for coins that would be easy, other things, depending on how much animation you use might be very difficult.

Have you done the tutorial here:  http://appinventor.mit.edu/explore/ai2/tutorials3818.html?&page=2   Look at Oh My Spikes.

And for ideas, you may need a decision tree...ages ago in the days of DOS and limited computer game, there was an Adventure game called Hunt the Wumpus.   You might search for that for ideas...this will be probably coded in Visual Basic, or Pascal or.... forget that, find the description of the game logic...and it might be useful in your project.

Have fun but be aware AI2 is not a game engine though it can be used to program some neat game stuff.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기