2016년 11월 17일 목요일

One Account Won't Connect AIA, Other Will


I have a very odd issue. When under one of my Google accounts (my school one), where I have the vast majority of my apps, it now will not connect via wifi with the live testing. Now if I switch to my personal Google account, I can connect an app for live testing just fine. My students, with their school accounts, can also connect with no problems. Any ideas why my account suddenly will not connect? Interestingly, when I click on connect AI Companion, and scan the QR code with my tablet, the QR code does disappear, but the app never appears on the tablet while under my school Google account. Again, when on my personal Google account, no problems. Help!

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This electronic mail message and any attached documents contain information from USD 260 Derby Public Schools and should be considered confidential and privileged. The information contained and/or attached is intended for the individual or entity named in the To:, CC:, and/or BCC: fields. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contained information is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact us immediately at 316-788-8591 and destroy this message.

--
Hey Jeff you were my teacher in Rochester last summer I believe apparently there's another post on here that says old apps that was created before November 7 will work anything faded after November 7 will not load

--
Thanks! And holy cow... I did see a new build was released yesterday, so I wonder if that broke the system.

What is the title of that post?

Hope all is going well for you! Other than AI frustrations of course if you're experiencing them.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This electronic mail message and any attached documents contain information from USD 260 Derby Public Schools and should be considered confidential and privileged. The information contained and/or attached is intended for the individual or entity named in the To:, CC:, and/or BCC: fields. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contained information is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact us immediately at 316-788-8591 and destroy this message.


-- 
We just deployed release nb152a that fixes a problem with the Companion if your project has no assets (images, sounds etc.). See if things work for you now. Note: You will likely need to reload your browser if you are currently logged in. Then check that the Help->About menu choice shows version nb152a

-Jeff

-- 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기