2017년 4월 5일 수요일

Gallery destroys my blocks


I wanted to try Italo's char and asc conversion blocks, therefore I closed my appinventor browser window and opened:
http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu/?galleryId=6407304567324672

I saw that the backpack was not empty, therefore I cleared it and copied all galery project blocks to the galery.
Then i pressed projects and opened the project i wanted to paste these blocks into. (something with the BLE extension in it)
Somehow, there was only one block left, and the backpack contained the blocks I copied. I tried reload, sorting the blocks etc. to no avail.

So, I tried if I could repeat this problem. I loaded a backup, closed the window, went to the gallery, copied the blocks into the backpack and reloaded my old project.
This time the blocks were still there, but I noticed that the URL was strange: http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu/?locale=en&galleryId=6407304567324672#5520695524851712
The URL should really be: http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu/#5520695524851712

All is fine now, thanks to my recent backup, but anyway I think something is not right.

--
From the way I read your post, it sounds like this is not happening in a repeatable manner. Is that correct? Did the project use blocks related to the BLE extension or was the extension just present in the project/designer?

Also, the backpack was made persistent across sessions a few releases back, so it's expected that there may be blocks in the backpack from earlier sessions.

Thanks for the report,

-- 
I think it is repeatable, but I did not have enough time to try thorougly.
What is certainly repeatable is the strange URL I get when I load my project after I had the gallery project loaded.
I will spend some more time on this later.

-- 
I lost my blocks again!
Maybe it is not the gallery, but the blocks I copied from it. Or the combination with the BLE extension I was using them with. Or the backpack which still has them.
I did nothing else as starting my browser and about half of my blocks are gone.
Can you make any sense out of it using the URL: http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu/?locale=en#5520695524851712 or is there anything else you need?

-- 
Or maybe because of the collapsed blocks in the gallery project?
Fior now, I am fine, it did not happen again tonight.

-- 
Collapsed top-level blocks are typically okay, but there is a bug in production AppInventor with collapsed blocks that are not top-level--although this is a rendering issue and doesn't affect the semantics. This should be fixed in the Blockly update on ai2-test.

The fact that there could be an interaction with extensions is particularly worrisome. Do you mind if I access the project in question? I'll see what I can do to replicate this.

-- 
Hi Evan, not at all, That is why I put the URL there. I took the offending blocks with inner collapsed blocks out of my backpack though.

--
Were you using Chrome or Firefox when you experienced the issue?

-- 
I think it was Chrome.

-- 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기