2014년 12월 15일 월요일

Images gone missing from post?

Did a how to a little while back, now most of the images of blocks I put up are gone, and the ones that are there are blank, requiring a click?

Is it me?

I am not offered the hyperlink to display images either ?





Could be something with Google's server Tim.  Try again later, and if they're not there, edit the post and insert the screenshots again...



I suspect this a Google feature of Google Groups.    I do not see the images on your post unless I left click the box where the image is supposed to be.   I think this happens on Google threads when the thread is closed to additional posts.    Our forum threads shut down for additional posts after the post has been active for about ten days..that might flag Google to treat images the way you post is being treated 



There are only two images left out of @ 15 originally posted.

Not sure why the thread needed to be closed (anyway), even if this is what caused the problem.

How do I raise an issue with Google on this one?



Tim... threads are automatically closed by the forum system after several days of inactivity.  It wasn't an arbitrary decision, but rather just an automatic thing...



Ah I see, thanks Enis  :)



Tim... I opened the original message, and the images are there but it appears they are not accessible.  Did you add them as images, or links to images?



Tim... Have you changed the permissions on the files that were accessed?  I can go to the links manually, but the images of course aren't appearing in the post.  I'll try to put them in there for you.  Give me a few minutes...



I'm not sure what's going on in that post.  I tried getting to the images, and got to some, but things are moving around all over the place as I try to edit.

Was this a direct post, or did you create this post in something else and paste it in?



Just posted in the normal way, straight onto the forum. I did the write up in Leafpad (plain text editor) then copied over, inserted space, and uploaded images direct from PC IIRC. If I did link across from Google Drive the folder and files have "anyone with link can view" permissions. Maybe this is it ? - they uploaded and displayed OK to start off with, the emailed version is still intact with images on gmail.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기