2014년 12월 1일 월요일

Updating for emulator use from older versions of AI and AI2

I had checked the forums but there isn't anything about this. Do not know who specifically to contact . All the instructions in all the current books and online  are the same, and none tells the user NOT to do it from control panel, especially if there is Adobe software on the computer

While following instructions, created some new problems. (I do not usually use AI2 that often on this computer) and when I do, was using tablet/phone, or when at home...the wifi kicked in

instruction 1 said to delete all previous versions, so being the careful person I am, from control panel went to delete. It also was in the process of deleting ALL my Adobe software because of the similar extension (aia). Fortunately I stopped it in time and was able to reset from a restore/back-up and reinstall the Adobe software


Then went into every directory where AI and AI2 had been and deleted everything manually (saved the 2 drivers for phone and tablet) and cleaned registry


Then waited until I was wide awake, set a new restore point and did an image back-up, restarted computer....

DL the installation, files and installed. This is a potential problem if anyone tries to delete from control panel. I have one of the last non-cloud editions of the full Adobe pro suite


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기