2014년 12월 13일 토요일

copy text to clipboard by pressing a button


Hi, I am trying to copy some text to the clipboard by pressing a button.  I have found the following method on the forum: https://puravidaapps.com/snippets.php#2clipboard (clipboard.aia)  But this doesn't work for me.  When I clicked on the button to try to copy text to the clipboard, I got the message "Error 601  No corresponding activity was found."  This confused me a bit because I have downloaded the .aia file and installed the app on my phone, but it doesn't work.  Help or advice is much appreciated..

-- 

which Android device / Android version do you use for your tests?
did you try another device?

-- 


I got the same result on two android devices:
1) my phone...Star N9600 MTK6589T (Android 4.2.1)
2) my tablet...Acer A210 (Android 4.1.1)

--
yes, it seems to be, that this solution does not work for all Android versions
you found out, it does not work on Jellybean
I just tested on HTC Desire S running Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) and it also did not work.

it works on the following Android versions though:

✫ Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1N running Android 3.2 (Honeycomb)

✫ Nexus 5 running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and I think, it also worked on Android 4.4.4 (Kitkat)

I will add a note on my webpage. Thank you.

--
Thanks for the info.  I hope that there is another way to do this (copy text to clipboard by pressing a button)   :)

--
You do know that a long click will bring up the copy menu, right?

-- 
Yes I know that will work in some apps (like Amazon Kindle), but unfortunately it does not work on the App that I made with AppInventor 2.

--
 hope that there is another way to do this (copy text to clipboard by pressing a button)   :)
the alternatives have been mentioned here copy text to clipboard?

-- 
I read in your post about '1. use the Sharing component and the "Copy to Clipboard" action'.  Do you mind explaining a little bit more?  I have added a Sharing component to my App but I do not know how to invoke the "Copy to Clipboard" action.  (Please excuse my English because it is a second language :)  )

--
you just call the Sharing component

then the "Share with" window select "Copy to Clipboard" from the list of apps

-- 
Thanks for the explanation!

--
according to this stackoverflow answer How add “copy to clipboard” to custom IntentChooser? the Google Docs app must be installed on the device for this solution to work
I now updated my snippet accordingly 

-- 


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기