2014년 12월 13일 토요일

System wont let me perform a Save As or Create Checkpoint

For some reason since last night, the System wont let me perform a Save As or Create Checkpoint. Just thought I would report this issue..



does this happen for all projects or only one project? 
In case it's only one project, how large is that project? as you know, there is a limit of 5MB for App Inventor apps...
are you able to download the aia file of the project?



There were problems with the build servers and the Google Cloud last night and this morning.  For a better explanation, reload AI2 in your browser and click on the link to the notice posted in the splash screen. 



Happens only on 1 project. It's not that big of a project.



OK, I have read the splash screen and see there is a system wide issue with the server. I do get that “red bar” with an error message.. I can see the project and work on the project, but I can't do an export with it nor save it under a new name. Will this be permanent?



Gary... Can you restore from one of the AIA backup files you must have been making?



Well, I have not been making aia back ups as you noted. That's a great idea and one I will now take to heart and implement. That way I have copies off-line. 

During project development, I did perform a "save-as" often and changed the project name with a revision # increment from time to time. Those past revisions are still working fine without any issue with export, etc. Turns out I had made only a few minor changes since the last revision so recovery was quick based on going back to a previous revision and updating it. So I am all good now! 

I appreciate your support and input!



Gary... I'd wait until they post a message to the forum or to the splash screen before you do much more work or you could lose that too... You just need to be a little patient untill a notice is posted, the servers calm down and the load is distributed.



Humm.. good suggestion!
Thanks again Enis.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기