2016년 12월 30일 금요일

Can't log out of an App Inventor Account


I'm not a rookie at this... been using App Inventor and App Inventor 2 for years.  I'm an instructor using AppInventor for an intro to programming class. 

Problem 1
I can no longer log out a Google account in AppInventor.  I click the gmail account in the upper right corner of the App Inventor 2 window, chose "Sign Out", it displays the My Projects screen, then cycles right back to the app in was in a moment ago and DOES NOT LOG ME OUT.  This is happening on two different laptops, one on Win/7 and the other on Win/8.1, on both the school network and my home network.  I usually use Firefox.  If I try Chrome I can initially log into a different account but then cannot log out of that account.

I grade student work by going into their accounts and running/testing their apps.  So I'm now incapable of grading student work because I can't log out of an account.  WHAT HAS HAPPENED???  Been using AppInventor for years and never experienced anything like this.  It would seem like this must be an App Inventorproblem that has suddenly surfaced since it occurs on multiple laptops.

Problem 2
The AI Companion App on my Android device is no longer functioning.  I can scan the code or key it in.  Once I've done this, the code display on my laptop disappears as it normally does.  Then it sits and does nothing.  After 30 seconds or so I get the "Companion Connection Error" window.

Again, this happens on multiple laptops, one running Win/7 and the other Win/8.1, and on two different networks.  I can get around this by using the emulator but since I keep switching accounts to grade student work the emulator takes forever.

Are these two problems related in some way?  Both have occurred just now.

Does anyone have any advice?  Is anyone else experiencing this?

--
You are correct. I just tried it and as you stated after logging, it cycled back into App Inventor again.
Thanks for the report; I'll let the dev team know.

-- 
thanks for the quick response!

Found a workaround to the log out problem but it's very awkward.

Instead of attempting to log our from App Inventor, go to Google.com and log out there.  THEN, clear your recent browsing history.  Then go back to ai2.appinventor.mit.edu and you can log into a different google account for App inventor.

Any thoughts on the AI2 Companion no longer functioning?  Is it possible these two issues are related?  They popped up at the same time but that could be coincidental.  I de-installed the companion appon my Android phone and then re-installed it.... no difference.  Currently running version 4.2 of the companion app.

-- 
This is our (my) bug. A fix will be deployed in an hour or so (from now).

-- 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기