2016년 12월 25일 일요일

Viewing blocks in the blocks editor


When i open this aia file it takes a long time. When it finally loads, I select Blocks. When the blocks editor final opens there are no blocks to view. I have sort vert. horz. and by cat. the blocks never appear? I have done all i know to do and still can't see blocks. Suggestions?


--
I am having problems with this too. The blocks editor has real problems with this. The blocks are there, when you try to sort by category, you will find them. 
But what you have is really extreme. Why don't you put all the text in a text file or CSV file and read it in?
Also, do you really need that many fields? Maybe you could reuse some, because you cannot show them all at the same time, or maybe this is a case of using more than one screen?

-- 
PLEASE do not reply to me privately. You wrote:
Don't know how do locate text file or csv file. I uploaded text file to apphowever app will not open that file. mp3 or image file it will open but not text. I'll fine a app with that concern and send you block images. Will be awhile. 
Did you read this:


ReadFrom(text fileName)
Reads text from a file in storage. Prefix the filename with / to read from a specific file on the SD card (for example, /myFile.txt will read the file /sdcard/myFile.txt). To read assets packaged with an application (also works for the Companion) start the filename with // (two slashes). If a filename does not start with a slash, it will be read from the application's private storage (for packaged apps) and from /sdcard/AppInventor/data for the Companion.

at: http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu/reference/components/storage.html#File

Maybe you can benefit from some of Taifun's top tips:http://puravidaapps.com/learn.php

-- 
I looked at this a bit but I can't view the blocks i my system either.    There are 5300 blocks, which I assume is breaking some kind of memory limit in the browser.

I'm surprised Ghica can see the blocks when she sorts by category -- I can't even do that.   But then again, if this is a browser memory issue, different systems will fail in different ways.

I don't have a good idea for how to salvage your project:  Hopefully, you have saved earlier versions from a time when the project was not so large.
If you can do that, then you should redesign the app to use fewer blocks, using some of the ideas that Ghica mentions.

For what it's worth, here's the blocks definition file from your project.  You can's load this into app inventor, but I might be of some help in remembering what is supposed to be in the app.
kitchenhelper.txt

-- 
Thank you Ghica and Hal for your time and information.

-- 
Seeing how much work you put into a labor of love,
I chipped in and wrote an extract app (AI2, of course)
to recover the text from your blocks.

I had to use the excellent Notepad++ to filter out just the text blocks from the XML
before I could get the text to upload into the AI2 Media drawer.

You should be able to copy the text from the emulator text box output window, I hope.
If not, add another File component for output and work from there.

2016-04-15 16_07_18-5554__build_.png 표시 중



-- 
That is a great piece of work! Maybe useful for others too.
--
Disclaimer - it only works on leaf nodes of the XML tree.

-- 
Thank all for your advice and help. It is very deeply appreciated.

-- 
Because I am apparently the only one that can see your blocks, I thought I will offer some help how to continue.
Here is a version without blocks, so you can start with the UI again.
But I strongly advise to work at the UI first.

For example, I saw a block, when SubmitRecipes.click, that consists of 4559 !!! blocks. I wonder how you managed to create it in the first place!

Te blocks apparent intention is to look through all the choices of all possible recipes. A much better way to do this would be to have a file for each recipe, with an appropriate name.
The submit block then just calls a procedure with an input parameter telling what the choice is. This procedure reads the appropriate file and displays it in ONE label. The file has already line separator characters in it, or if you would have a text of one line you can use \n to put in line separators. In this way you can delete all text fields.
In fact, this would cover the majority of the functionality of you app already. Tere is a display of psalm lines that could be much simpler, but if you attack the recip[es themselves this does not matter too much.


-- 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기