2014년 11월 30일 일요일

Lost all work can anyone relate to this? Or help me get a backup

Hi, could anyone please help me?
The one day I logged on to App Inventor 2 and I clicked on a project I was working on for a school assessment.
When I clicked on the file all I saw was just a picture of a map, no blocks or anything else from what I had recently done.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this same problem.
I'm not to sure if there has been a recent update which may of caused my file to revert back to an old backup or weather it was just by accident.
If anybody could help I would be most grateful.



Did you save an aia file?   We recommend all users save an aia file of their projects periodically; especially if the project is a very important project.   You can also save multiple versions of your project:  Projects > Save project as...    MyProject1, MyProject 2 etc.

So, what to do?    Most users would just use their aia file to restore to a recent coding point.   Can you do that?

When we get a report like this, lots of times, the blocks are not lost, they are merely 'hiding', they are still there but not visible to the developer.  Try this: go to the Blocks screen   and right click on a white area of the blocks screen of your project.   A MENU will appear.   Select either Arrange Blocks Vertically   or  Arrange Blocks Horizontally.    Did the blocks re-appear?

If you can not find the blocks doing that or you can not restore with your aia file, please provide more information:
1) the name of your Project
2) What day (and time of day) was your last good login to the project?
3) What day (and time of day) did you discover the issue.

Infrequently projects have issues, either because of network problems or problems with an older PC's memory etc.   Can MIT restore?   Well, sometimes, but it may take a while for someone to look and see if your project can be restored and to do that, they have to have the project name, so please post that.

Sometimes projects can not be restored.    Please understand this.    Also, the person that 'finds lost projects' has other duties and it might be several days before he can look.    I have brought this to the attention to one of the Wizards at MIT and he might be able to help.   Please be patient.

Do you understand?    ...and please, the project name. 



As Steve mentioned above, you need to send us the specific info about your project.  It's very important to make AIA files... please look at the tips below, especially about creating backup files.



댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기