2014년 12월 16일 화요일

Text in buttons partially cut

I am finishing my app. I tried it on my Samsung smartphones (S3 and Galaxy) and everything works fine. 

On my Asus tablet 10.1 has a problem. The text on some buttons partially cut the last letter. This happens either when the length of the button is "fill parent" and when it is defined. 

For my app I can not use the automatic size and the text is not bold. 

Why?



I have no explanation other than the screen density on the Asus is probably different.  This issue may fix itself when MIT launches the Android 4 API version of App Inventor..that api handles tablets.

As a temporary fix, why not add a few spaces trailing the text?      theText    }    versus theText} ?



thanks for the reply. The problem is that often the text is spread over multiple lines is the word cut can be found between the lines. 

Is imminent the launch of the API 4 ?



Imminent Francesco?   The original intention was to launch AI2 two months ago (an early version did exist but was withdrawn almost immediately on discovery of severe issues on some devices.  The original code was rolled back..Implementing AI4 screen sizing has been more challenging than anticipated.  The MIT Technical Team is still fixing bugs.  When is AI4  going to be ready?  I do not think anyone knows..there is a team testing the API 5 right now.  Some things work very well, however there are still issues.   It will be ready when the serious bugs are all fixed.   I expect early 2015 but perhaps in a few weeks.  It will be released when the Development team is happy.



ok Steve thanks.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기