2015년 1월 3일 토요일

initial connection to App Inventor

I am trying to follow the beginning of the very first video.  The first instruction is 'Click the Create button'.  When I do I first got a page of Terms of Service with no possibility of accepting them - no 'Accept' button anywhere.  Then after continued tries I got 'http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu/cgi-bin/redirect.ha' as the url and '

Error: NOT_FOUND' as the message.    I am not making much progress on something that is supposed to be simple.


The complete set of steps is
'Create' button

Error: NOT_FOUND'

Was I supposed to install something on the computer?  I don't see instructions for it.

Thank you for any help.



Sounds like a browser problem.
Which browser are you using?

Also, check your scroll bars,
inner and outer.  You might be missing something.



Sorry, I put all the info in the form but I guess that it doesn't repeat to the posting.  I'm using Firefox version 34.0.5
on a Mac.  I'm now getting the 'Not Found' consistently and there is nowhere to scroll.  I have tried.  

Suggestions are appreciated.



I had to switch from Firefox to Chrome for my Windows AI2 work.

You might be able to resume in Firefox if you close all your
comment boxes in Chrome first.  That worked for me.

Firefox add-ons can also be problematic.
If you disable them one by one, you might
uncover an interaction with Ai2.



My attachment shows what you should see after
you hit the CREATE button.  Note the CONTINUE
button on the lower left.

So you never got to hit the CONTINUE button?




When I use the Torch Browser I get the screen that you show complete with 'Continue' button.  

In firefox I have removed most and then all plug-ins, closed and re-opened Firefox each time.    Nothing makes any difference.  All I get is 

Error: NOT_FOUND'

on a plain white page.  No 'Continue', no buttons of any sort.
I give up.  I'll use Torch.  It is time to get something done.  
Thank you so much for your help.  Directing me to another browser will get me past the road block in Firefox.



The window with the continue button had the bad habit for a while to disappear, because the screen was scrolling down and you onlu would see grey. But when you scroll up again, the window shows again, you can press continue and all is right. I think it is better now though.




Thank you for the suggestion.  Here is a screen print of what happens when I try to go to appinventor.  Maybe I am about to be embarrassed that I made a very stupid error, but I don't see it.

Of course, the url is a redirect.  What I type in isai2.appinventor.mit.edu.  
In any case, the site works perfectly when I use Torch browser, and I have been using that to start doing the examples.  




Hi, I always use app inventor.mit.edu and then press Create at the upper right corner.
Your address works for me too (I just tried from Safari) it comes with a question which Google user I want to use. But usually I use Firefox or chrome.
Maybe you have some strange plugin installed which prevents pop ups in JavaScript, or JavaScript altogether?
I never even heard about the Torch browser!



댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기