2014년 11월 29일 토요일

MAJOR Block Editor Issue

Today at a little after 2:30 PM, I was working on an app and the blocks editor started having a major issue.  I had been working for hours with no issuses, and the problems seemed to just randomly start then.
For some reason, whenever I would go into the blocks editor for a screen, the editing area would expand beyond the point where both the horizontal and vertical scroll bars were at their minimum size.  When I went to the very bottom right corner of the editing area, I noticed just a blue square like the one that appears on the "join" or "make a list" blocks, but no visible block or text with it - it was just the blue square.  I could drag it around, but it didn't open up a menu like it normally does.  I right clicked on it, and it actually pulled up a list of options like if you right clicked on a normal block.  I chose the "expand block" one.  When I did so, the visible block actually appeared, and it was a block that I had actually had on the screen from previous edits (I know that because it made references to some of my design elements), however it had none of the blocks it used to have attached to it still attached.  So, I right clicked in just the blank area near the block, and it gave me the same dropdown list again.  I selected "duplicate block" and it made a full block appear - again one I had used earlier.  I continued doing the right click>expand or right click>collapse>right click>expand as applicable in the blank space and I eventually managed to make all the blocks of a chunk I had had in the block editor from previous edits appear.  As I was doing it, I would occasionally make one of my list blocks appear, but their connected blocks were still invisible, so I had to right click>expand every block attached to it.  I deleted the entire chunk (as I was NOT going to take hours scroll and drag to move it back to the rest of the blocks) and the screen re-shrunk to its normal area.
This problem only ever seems to affect one chunk of blocks every time I open a blocks editor, and doing "arrange blocks" or "sort blocks" only moves the 'invisible' chunk even further away on the editor.
I had this happen when trying to going into the blocks editor for three screens in a row.

Does anyone know what is causing this error?
I can't work on my app like this!



This could be an issue with Chrome.   My experience is that Chrome becomes a bit unstable the longer you have a Window open --the memory it uses expands greatly.  A possible solution is to occasionally stop programming. Shut down, then start a new programming session.

If it happens again; try shutting down your browser and restarting...let us know whether the problem persists.

How large is your project (the aia file size)?
How many Screens do you have?
Are you working with the emulator or WIFI or are you not connected to a device at all (programming without connecting to the device/emulator does not have the issues both the device and emulator have with refreshing the graphical screen).   The issue could have something to do with the graphical refresh as you change components.

Knowing these things might help to isolate the issue if refreshing the browser/shutting it down and restarting does not help.
A possibility is you have a very large app, just at the limits of what AI can handle (5Mb aia file)   or you might be seeing issues related to online holiday shopping   and issues with your Internet provider.

try some things.   let us know if you are still having issues.   We will try to help but at the moment, I am not experiencing issues but I do have a fast connection.   Please let us know and we might be able to help.



This could be an issue with Chrome.   My experience is that Chrome becomes a bit unstable the longer you have a Window open --the memory it uses expands greatly.  A possible solution is to occasionally stop programming. Shut down, then start a new programming session.

That was the first thing I tried and the problem had persisted.  However, I just shut down Chrome a third time and it appears to have solved the problem.  Thanks for your help!


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기