2014년 12월 12일 금요일

[App Inventor Open Source Development] I need some help building appinventor locally on windows 8.0


I am trying to build appinventor locally on my Windows 8 system, because I want to be able to use it offline and hopefully in the future try and help to extend or improve it. For now however I am not even getting started. The ant process starts, but fails with a number of errors that I don't understand. Could you please help me find the issue and hopefully solve it.

The errors that I get are: 
C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\appinventor-sources-master\appinventor\build.xml:16: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\appinventor-sources-master\appinventor\build-common.xml:389: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\appinventor-sources-master\appinventor\components\build.xml:319: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\appinventor-sources-master\appinventor\components\build.xml:214: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

If it is of any use, I also attached the complete output that I got.

My environment:
- java version "1.7.0_71" (32 bit)
  Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_71-b14)
  Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 24.71-b01, mixed mode, sharing)
- javac 1.7.0_71
- Apache Ant(TM) version 1.9.4 compiled on April 29 2014

I really hope somebody here has the experience and the patience to help me out here.


--
I believe the issue is with the spaces in your directory structure;
this is the error:

[javac] javac: invalid flag:
(x86)\Google\appinventor-sources-master\appinventor\components\build/AnnotationProcessors.jar

If you place the sources in a folder that does not contain spaces
(unlike c:\Program Files (x86)\Google\...) and try again, all should
work fine. Windows + Java can be a bit of a pain at times.

--
Look who it is again, José. I'm fed up with your shit faggot. The other day when you called me a newfag, yeah, haven't forgotten about that yet. Fuck you I've been on here for months and probably get on here more than you anyways. Don't you know that you make yourself look like a newfag when you call others newfag? Just because you learned how to hack your name and change it to "Jos" does not give you the right to disrespect anyone at any time.

--
Thank you for your advise. I moved everything to c:\ai\ and ran "ant clean" just to be sure. Subsequently I tried to do the ant-build again. I did seem to get a bit further, but unfortunately not all problems were solved this way. 

Attached is the new output. It seems there is a problem initializing the virtual machine. Could this be a "32-bit Java on a 64-bit system problem"?


--
that seems to be a memory allocation issue; there's some instructions
in the docs, in section 5
(5. Building and Launching App Inventor (Windows))

Note the following notes:
Users have reported several problems when compiling the system. They
are generally associated with how Windows allocates memory for the
Java heap. Environment variables can help with this process; some
users have reported that creating the following variable makes the
errors go away:

_JAVA_OPTIONS = -Xmx1024M

In other cases, Ant options seem to work too:

set ANT_OPTS=-Xms512m -Xmx512m

Hope that helps,

--
Thank you very much. I got it to successfully build now. I never would have guessed a memory issue.

--
Damn! I tried several times until today I noticed that in the statement
_JAVA_OPTIONS = -Xmx1024M
you have spaces araound the "=". So I guess the environment variable wasn't set properly.

Maybe please correct this to 

set _JAVA_OPTIONS=-Xmx1024M   

in the docs?

--
good catch! corrected now; thanks for reporting this Joachim.

--

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기