2014년 12월 12일 금요일

runtime error when appInventor emulator connects to my PC



Hi,  I'm getting runtime errors when the appInventor Emulator tries to connect to my PC - see attached screenshot.
I've tried checking and changing settings on my firewall etc but still get the error.  I am a first time user of AppInventor, so although I went through the troubleshooting help pages, there was nothing specific about this issue that I could find.  I have however tried re-installing the AiStarter, but have been unable to fix the runtime error.
Please advise.

--
Hi, can anybody advise regarding this issue?  I've been digging around for a couple of days now, switching on and off various firewall settings but without any success.  I continue to get the same error no matter what I try and do.  I get the same error when doing a GET /echeck/ on the same host:port via an internet browser.

From what I can understand, a RESTful web service is being used to communicate between AppInventor and the emulator running on my PC, using WSGI as the interface.  Its difficult to be sure though since I can't find any technical documentation on how AppInventor works.


The error I'm getting (attached in the screenshot) looks to be a run time error when the AppInventor launches the emulator on my PC, and then tries to check its status by doing a GET /echeck/ via the RESTful web service (running on my PC, started by AIStarter).  

I can see that the emulator does get started and is running on my PC, so is the error an unhandled exception being thrown because the code is receiving a reply from the RESTful web service that it does not expect?

Is there anyone technical from within the MIT team that can shed a bit more light on this and help me resolve the problem?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.  If the code is open source, then that would be even better.

--
Your issue is noted.  At the moment, there is no one on the forum who has any idea what might be going wrong with your emulator based on the screen image you posted.  Yesterday, the issue was bumped up to the technical level..the person who might know is evidently not available at the moment.  Someone will be looking at this issue..there are flags on this thread for the technical people who should get to it in time.

OpenSource?   Certainly.    The AI2 link is here and I suspect the Companion code too but I am not sure:   http://appinventor.mit.edu/appinventor-sources/

--
Pardon a dumb question - 
Did you try to connect to the emulator from a project at
http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu/?

--
Hi Abraham - yes.  I think the subject is misleading (now that I've dug around a bit more).  From what I can tell, the emulator is started by the AppInventor (from the url you have mentioned) when you "connect" to the emulator.

--
Steve - thanks for the reply and link to source code.  Also appreciate bumping my issue to technical team.

--
It looks like that you made a mistake in your program. Please make sure that you refer a local variable m within its scope. 

--

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기