2014년 12월 14일 일요일

Images randomly not loading

Since the middle of this week, I've been having tons of problems with images.  When I build the app, usually using a QR code and then looking at it on my phone,  2 or 3 of my images aren't there.  Then, when I rebuild it, 2 or 3 different images aren't there (but the first ones that went missing have magically re-appeared).  At first I thought there was something wrong with the size of my images, but they're all really small (2-5kB), although I do have about 30 images.  I tried tweaking the size of the images, and reloading them, I've tried saving the .png from different drawing programs, I've tried building on my mac instead of on my PC, and I've now come to the conclusion that it's just random.  For some reason, it always loses 2 or 3 of my images, but it's different ones every time.  I've wondered if there's something wrong with my code, but I haven't touched the code for the last few days, because it's nearly finished and I've just been doing final checks on it.  Also, I have 3 different screens, and it seems random as to which screen the images are lost from??  

I saw the notice about a bug that has now been rectified, but I've had exactly the same problems all day today?  It's weird because I seemed to be able to do what I wanted with images until this week - even when I had loads of bugs in the blocks, but I know the blocks were working perfectly earlier this week, and I haven't touched those.  

I am now at the tearing my hair out stage!



What we are learning is the bug is not rectified.  We now believe there may be a problem with Google Cloud which MIT uses for saving the images.

Please do NOT tear your hair out...save that for something significant.

MIT are working the issue.  What we thought was a fix (replacing all the images in your Media file) using either a backup aia   or  deleting images from the Media and then replacing them or editing the Manifest file) do not seem to be working.

Again, the problem is not experienced by all users (we do not know why yet) and unfortunately you are one of the users that is being affected.  The Technical Team is continuing to look at the problem.  Sorry but as far as MIT can tell, a part of the issue may be with where MIT stores the images, and MIT does not control that..

Watch the forum for announcements.   At the present time the issue with lost images is NOT solved.



Thank you, I shall watch and wait for announcements.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기