2014년 12월 27일 토요일

Server error: could not copy project. Please try again later!


I want to rename a project using save as but whenever I try I get

Server error: could not copy project. Please try again later!

What options do I have?

--
If you have a lot of assets like pictures, images and sounds, reload them into the project from your hard drive and try again.

Are you able to save your AIA file?  If so, how big is it?  You have a limit of 5MB...

--
I'll try that, my aia is 10Mb my apk is 11.3 most of it is graphics.

--
William... read my tips...


--
I'll take a look, I have tried using the a2ilive standalone version but found one or two of the components were not in sync with the MIT version.

I've spent about three months with app inventor 2 through many bugs and crashes, it would be nice if there were an official standalone version
which would take the load off the MIT servers.

aia have been a lifeline through lots of problems in ai2 and something I do religiously.

--
Be aware, if you are using AIAliveComplete or AIUltimate (these are NOT MIT products), and your aia is larger than 5Mb, you can not return and use the standard online AI2.  Once you use a personal server and exceed the standard AI2 parameters for projects, you MUST continue to use the personal server. Be aware that recently, both developers have upgraded their products to the latest AI2 release standards (or very close to them).   You might want to download a more current version of your personal server.

If you use either of these personal servers, these have their own web forums.    AI2 is opensource, so a developer can modify AI2 to run (on a personal server) to run anyway they want it to do, if they understand how to build the plug ins http://appinventor.mit.edu/appinventor-sources/ .

At the moment, MIT is not considering it's 'own' personal server; please use the MIT server 'in the Cloud.'

--
but found one or two of the components were not in sync with the MIT version.

can you elaborate?
are you using the latest version?


Once you use a personal server and exceed the standard AI2 parameters for projects, you MUST continue to use the personal server.
if you later decide to go back to MIT App Inventor, you always can change your logic according to one of these options 

--
Yes I'm using the official MIT in the cloud version. There's just not enough server resource at any point in time to handle my 'Save As' request.

I'm going to take Enis advice and reduce the amount of media storage required. Basically this will mean using smaller images or limiting the sound files to shorter lengths.

I just hope this works. I understand App inventor is only meant as a teaching tool at the moment and for the production of small apps.

I've been stretching a little to produce an arcade like game see. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=appinventor.ai_ai.AliceFalls but eventually I'll have to port it 
to something like xamarin or visual studio or android studio.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기