2014년 12월 27일 토요일

Slot machine effect - possible in Inventor?

I'd like to put together an app for the local library using the effect of slot machine dials (3). I've seen a neat app on www.thepoetryfoundation.org that I'd like to replicate. Has anyone done this in Inventor, and what widget do I need?



The closest thing to 'slot machine' type display in App Inventor is the ListView.  You might also look at the Spinner component but the ListView is actually more "spinny" like a slot machine.

Place 3 list views in a horizontal layout and reduce the layout's Height to 60 pixels or otherwise limit it as necessary for the rest of your interface. Looks very 'slot machiney' :)  



Thanks Greg.... I'll try your suggestion - I've done both spinner and list, so I can move right into the horizontal layout and size as you suggested. It doesn't have that motion that you see on the face of the slot machine, though, and that's the look I'm aiming at.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기