2014년 12월 28일 일요일

Button shows on phone but text to speech.Speak fails

Using kitkat on phone as test vehicle and galaxy note 10.1 as development vehicle (I have no pc). It connects fine and I can see the button with the proper text on the phone. I connect the text to speech.Speak and add the text box filing it in with what I want said. Everything appears as it does in the video tutorial but... When I press the button on the phone to do the appteapp all that happens is the button gets hi-lighted. I never hear any speech. The volume is at max.
I removed everything and started over but to no avail.
Is there some other way to test the app and thus continue with the tutorials?



Several issue here.


or  did you notice this requirement for using TTS    In order for this component to work, the device must have the TTS Extended Service app by Eyes-Free Project installed. You can download this from http://code.google.com/p/eyes-free/downloads/list     that is here: http://beta.appinventor.mit.edu/learn/reference/components/other.html
You might not have that app or a similar app on your kitkat device.

Frankly, I am surprised you can use your Tab 10" to develop any AI2 apps with.    How do you add the programming blocks?  Can you provide a screenCapture image of the Blocks you used with the TextToSpeech control.   You should have something like:
Do you?


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기