2014년 12월 28일 일요일

Listpicker

Is there any limit in the number of columns that a table must have to be used as an elements list for listpicker?

I am downloading a spreadsheet that has 19 (nineteen) columns. For the matter of this number of rows is irrelevant but in my case there are only two.

When touched "Listpicker" to make a selection, the picking list only shows the first 10 (ten) columns, and next to them a string made of three points ". . .".

The problem is, that when SELECTION is done, it carries the elipsis (the three points) as data instead of the 9 columns not shown.

Is this behavior correct?.

If so, I will have to get around with adhoc programming.

I  will appreciate your answer and comments on this matter.



How do you load the csv into listpicker? Can you post screenshot of relevant blocks?



The ten column limit and ellipsis (...) suggests that you screen scraped
the data from the spreadsheet .

Like Hossein said, check the contents of the
csv file you (should have) exported from the spreadsheet.



Thanks for your help.

Yes I did, In response to your question about convert csv to list.

Also I check with the Do it option to see how the conversion is done and the information up to this point is OK.

These are screen captures of both AI2 blocks editor and Android tablet sceenshot..

Thank again for your interest and help



I have noticed that someone got this issue as solved. I do not agree on that. 

The screenshots attached in my previous message show that information is downloaded OK, converted from csv to list OK, but once the listpicker is touched and the list shown in the tablet (screenshot is included also) the elipsis is present.

My questions still is unanswered. Is there any known limit for the number of columns that can be shown in a listpicker chose list?.



I apologize for mis-reading your earlier post.

My eyes took the easy way out.

I had read it as saying that your ellipsis (...)
was a result of screen scraping to get your input,
and I read the long DoIt list as a result of
changing your input method.

Do you think this would warrant writing a little test 
app that extends a list of integers and displays
it in a list picker each time a button is pushed?
How high should it go before the limit is reached?
(Would it need +10 or +100 buttons to save time?)

I have reset the thread to incomplete.



As for the limit, I got past 600 before I ran out of patience.
See attached .aia test case.
I think it's your data.




Thank you Abraham for your comments and aia file.

I will check my data carefully. By the way, doing some testing with the downloading of spreadsheet using web REST Get commands, I saw something strange with my table. The very last cell (last column, last row) has a sum formula. In  Google Drive it shows the right amount. But in a certain download exercise this same position in the table show and "empty string" as value.

I will recheck on that also and share my finding here.

And as for the answer I looked for, I am now satisfied.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기