2014년 12월 8일 월요일

Full screen swipe wtih text


I have made an app which is a simple RSS Reader.

Each news is presented fullscreen with title, image, and short text.

I want the user to change of news by swiping left or right

I understand that :
> the only way to do swipe is to use Canvas  : is it true ?
> canvas work well with images but not with text (paint text makes dirty fonts) : is it true ?

So I see several posibilities :
> use multiple small canvas between lines of text to capture touch which would occure on the text. it seems however that this solution is complexe and hazardous
> build an image with titleText + image + shortText, and show this image in a full screen canvas. The issue here is that I do not know how to do this image building.

Can you advise me on my understanding and potential workarounds

--
the only way to do swipe is to use Canvas  : is it true ?
yes, but you also could use the webviewer together with some JavaScript, but this is a little bit more complicated to set this up....
see also this App Inventor Classic example to display some text in the webviewer https://puravidaapps.com/label.php
I could convert that into App Inventor 2 and add the swipe functionality. Do you like to be the sponsor of that tutorial? If yes, just contact me by email.

--
I now updated my tutorial for App Inventor 2 and added touch gesture support, see here

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기