2014년 12월 8일 월요일

URGENT HELP: lost all CODE BLOCKS just before app marathon deadline!

PLEASE HELP!

Two of my highschool students are developing a nice app using AppInventor 2 to submit to a coding marathon in Brazil, DEADLINE IS TOMORROW EOD.

HORROR STORY is: they LOST all their code blocks when AppInventor reported an INTERNAL ERROR.

They DIDN´T HAVE any backup for their .aia files, since they are just beginning to learning how to use AppInventor and how to programm. 
They were building a nice periodic table app to apply for the coding competition whose deadline is tomorrow 23h:59m :(


They lost their code yesterday, 05.11.14, sometime between 18h:25m and 19h:00m Brazilia Time Zone

It would be wonderful if somehow you could help them to recover their files just before the crash. It´s a fair amount of code and they won´t be able to redo everything on time for tomorrow deadline.

The account login is: elplancton

It´s probably the only project there is under this account.

ANY HELP WILL BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

My students are devasteded and so am I.



Ana, your note was forwarded two two people on the technical team who MIGHT be able to help.  Offices are closed.... cross your fingers, someone will help if they happen to check their messages.



Be aware, it is possible the blocks are not lost.    Have them left click on a white area of the screen and select Vertical Arrangement or   Horizontal Arrangement.  Frequently, users think the blocks are gone, however, they merely move off the screen area and need to be coaxed back.  So, try, they might see the blocks.

If this is another issue, the technical staff has been informed; it is after office hours but if one of them sees the note to them, they may be able to do something.

Monitor this forum thread.  They may reply in the thread or perhaps direct; I do not know.    And realize, they may not get the message in time and/or the blocks may not be recoverable.  For this reason we urge users to create aia files often and if not that, to save their projects on the MIT server with another name     Projects > Save project as  ...

Good luck.



Just saw this thread. As soon as I am done with dinner I will look into restoring the blocks, if I can. Until you hear from me please do not use the account. Stay tuned.



I found 12 projects in the account. I'll need to know the name of the project...



@Jeff ... is one about a periodic table?  that is probably it if you can find it.



Hello Jeffrey,

Thanks very much for looking into it at this time.

Is there anything named towards a periodic table of chemical elements? That is the theme for the app they are going to submit tomorrow.

My students also mentioned AppInventor crashed on they on 05.11.14 around 18h and 19h Brasilia Time Zone.

Unfortunately it´s around 12am here in Brazil right now and only my students know about the correct project name. I´ve already emailed them to send me the project name, but I´m afraid they will only see my message tomorrow.

Thanks again,



I found one "GetInf_App" that might be the app in question. Are the students using separate accounts or are they sharing one?



I believe they are sharing one account, the one named  elplancton.

They mentioned the app first screen was named Screen1... not quite sure this can help.



I was able to load the GetInf_App project and there are plenty of blocks (and screens) and images.

App Inventor is not designed to be used simultaneously from one account on many computers. A warning is generated if you have more then one account logged in. It sounds like the students are bypassing the warning. However if you do so, any projects that are visited by more then one computer at the same time can result in confusion and lost blocks as each computer's workspace overwrites the work of the other.

I was able to load the project from App Inventor, and they should be able to as well, as long as they only do so from one computer.

I will send you a direct email with the copy of the project I extracted, but they really should not need it.



These are AWESOME NEWS! You got it!

They are in such hurry to finish the app on time for tomorrow´s deadline that they probably did log in from different computers at same time using the same account.

I´ll make sure they won´t do it again and I´ll make sure they backup every few minutes!!

Thank you SOOOO much! These students are really working hard at this project and they deserve the chance to submit it to the competition.

Thank you all for such great help!



What was this contest that was happening last week? I tried searching online for more information about it, but couldn't find any likely candidates. If you could send info & hopefully a link or two, I'd greatly appreciate it.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기