2014년 12월 11일 목요일

Font size of text on phones with different sizes of screens and densities.


If I use size 16 font for text and it looks fine on a 3.5 inch screen, will that same text appear smaller on a 5 inch screen? In other words, does the font size scale itself to appear the same size proportionately on different screen sizes and densities? 

--

does the font size scale itself to appear the same size proportionately on different screen sizes and densities? 
yes


but you can change this with AppToMarket, see here App Inventor and the Screen Size

--
Thanks for your reply. Just to be clear:

Take 2 phones, one with 300dpi and the other with 515dpi (Samsung Note 4).

Say I have font size 16 and it looks fine on the 300dpi phone, will it appear the same size on the 515 dpi phone or will it look smaller?

I'm a little confused by your answer - you said yes it will scale, however, the screen you linked me to shows that the text size becomes smaller. 

--
the app will scale with App Inventor only
if you take a look again at that link, on the left hand side you will see the screen after App Inventor only, on the right hand side after additionally running AppToMarket and setting the screen to "Any"

--
What I want to do is create a text based game. It looks fine on a 3.5 inch screen. My concern is that if someone with a high screen density downloads it then the text will look tiny. Will I need a larger font size for the higher density screen? I will have to package it through ApptoMarket before I can put it on the Google Play Store.

--
Test this formula, work great for me. 

remenber if you use apptomaker , 

edit manifest: androiddensity to "true"  <-- with this change that formula work on any devices.

tips: begin with size 5 , change the 8 for 5 and test.

--
@Ritchie: there is no Screen.DeviceDensity in MIT App Inventor, it seems to be you are using a modified version

Will I need a larger font size for the higher density screen? I will have to package it through ApptoMarket before I can put it on the Google Play Store.

@Ramzan no and no

does the font size scale itself to appear the same size proportionately on different screen sizes and densities? 
yes

--
Ups sorry for that, 

--
I subscribe to the philosophy of
"If you can't fix it, call it a feature".

Add an option menu  to your app to adjust font size and spacing.

--


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기